C4 Forums | Control4

2014 Control4 system won't connect to wifi after power loss

I'm in Houston, just got power back from storms Thursday night.

Control4 system won't connect to router and controller shows hour glass so I can't turn the system on.

the following message comes up on my phone when i try to connect the system to my wifi

Any help appreciated.

C4 controller 5-18-2024.jpg

C4 notice 5-18-2024.jpg

1 hour ago, jcastilla said:

I'm in Houston, just got power back from storms Thursday night.

Control4 system won't connect to router and controller shows hour glass so I can't turn the system on.

the following message comes up on my phone when i try to connect the system to my wifi

Any help appreciated.

C4 controller 5-18-2024.jpg

C4 notice 5-18-2024.jpg

We need to know what the lights on the front of your C4 processor look like…

8 minutes ago, jcastilla said:

So we came back after a few hours and it now connected. Maybe it needed time to reset? Anyway thanks for responding. 

Something else was wrong if it took a few hours to return.  Even with a very large system, it comes back up within minutes of power being restored to the main controller.  Perhaps the main controller had no power.  Your remote connects via Zigbee and your phone via WiFi so there are limited potential issues that could cause both to fail.  The most likely is that the main Controller was offline (for whatever reason). Another possibility could be that you have a secondary controller which handles the Zigbee and your network was down (causing your phone not to speak to the controller and your secondary controller not to speak to the main controller meaning no Zigbee control either).