C4 Forums | Control4

Help needed playing mp3 files

Problem with music files. I had numerous files on the USB hard drive. Alot of them weren't showing up and I was getting duplicate entries in Composer. I cleared the list and did a scan. When I did it came up with 3700 files and 1100 errors. I went to the error log and the 1100 errors all look like the following, 1 for each song that was corrupt. The songs all play fine on my computer. Ideas

2010-02-07 00:14:50,293 [5716] ERROR Control4.Client.MediaManager - Exception scanning audio file: \\192.168.0.7\media/usb/57442D574341505A31333637353037\Metallica/And Justice For All/06 - Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow - ...And Justice for All.mp3

Details:

album = null

albumName = ...And Justice for All

artistName = Metallica

trackName = Harvester of Sorrow

trackNum = 6

genre = Rock/Pop

imageBytes.Count = (null)

image = null

Exception: System.AccessViolationException

Message: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Source: mscorlib

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReadByte(IntPtr ptr, Int32 ofs)

at Control4.Client.Media.MediaFileInfo.get_ImageBytes()

at Control4.Client.MediaManager.ScanStoredAudioFile(Int32 deviceID, String file, String mediaPath)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I am having this exact problem.  Running Composer 1.7.4.  Composer finds and scans all mp3's on external hard drive.  I get an "Scan Failure" error message after it appears to load all scans.  I am using FAT32, I have tried formating in Windows 8, HP and Vista.  No luck, what is the trick.

Archived