C4 Forums | Control4

NX 587e virtual keypad

neildilgee

I've replaced my keypad, I've got a nx116 led keypad now, had some issues with my caddx nx8 also. Now I cant seem to access anything via C4. The small led on the nx587e is not lighting up neither.I think it has got something to do with my setting on my caddx keypad (How do I put in the addess of the nx587e? ) or my driver maybe should be reinstalled on my controller. i need some good advice. My dealer can only come and see me next week so you know how it feels.

Is it maybe that my keypad is not made for the nx587e?

the 587E does not need to be addressed in the sense of programming.. you need to power cycle the alarm which will add it to the system and also make sure it is properly hooked up to the alarms keypad bus

the 587E is a virtual keypad. it doesnt matter what you have for a keypad now

the 587E does not need to be addressed in the sense of programming.. you need to power cycle the alarm which will add it to the system and also make sure it is properly hooked up to the alarms keypad bus

the 587E is a virtual keypad. it doesnt matter what you have for a keypad now

Its is hooked up properly, I disconnected the ac power supply and the battery but it is now showing me a service light. still no reaction from composer>

I know the physical keypad and the nx587e have id numbers. I wonder if your new physical keypad conflicts with the 587e id number.

How so. And what is the solution?

I am not an alarm guy or a dealer, but we did have a lot of problems getting this working on my system. All of my problems were centered around how the secuity people wired the 587e, but I know that was one of the things they verified when trying to ge it to work. They did it with a netbook they hooked up to the alarm panel. It showed all keypads and their address id. Can't give you more info than that. Sorry.

Archived