C4 Forums | Control4

Software version 1.8- to do or not??????

Ringold

Just an update for anyone else that may be interested....I have now updated to 1.8.2 (after much deliberation)and do not feel that there is any appreciable decline in system responsiveness...

Thanks for everyones input!!!

• 1 month later...

97 zigbee devices, 1 HC1000, 500, and 300 and 17 hours later. I'm now upgraded from 1.7.4 to 1.8.2. Whew I'm tired. Not really, I let a lot of it occur at night. The longest part is gettng the devices to mini mode. That took 12 hours for me.

About 10.5 hours for mine. Worth it? I don't know. I still needed CA ZP repeaters here and there in my McMansion even with 3 ZAPs running. Lighting works better. SR-250s are pokey.

Let us know after playing for a week pharm :)

I was told by my dealer that I will need to upgrade to 1.8.2 from 1.7.x - I added new hardware. It works great so far. Contrary to a post above, I do have an C4 audio matrix switch though and it does work with 1.8.2.

I also bought an iPod dock and it sucks. Anyone want one? I've only just got it installed 2 weeks ago.

AC

^You mean the C4-8AMP or 16AMP? If they weren't compat. I'd be travelling to Utah to deliver a message to Control4. iPod dock- nope, two here that do absolutely nothing. I was thinking of loading family photos on one and leaving it docked for presentations. Anybody doing this elegantly?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, 2 weeks later and everything is running smooth. I don't notice any lag in my 4 sr250's at all compared to 1.7.4. After you refresh the navigators it would take my remote about 5-10 seconds on 1.7.4 to do the initial loading of the room when I picked it up. Now it takes 2 seconds.

Archived