C4 Forums | Control4

"Access Denied" when trying to add songs to HC-500

having a problem adding music to my HC-500 controller(1.7.4). whenever i try to copy files to and from it (both through composer and by directly dragging and dropping from windows explorer). this just happened, and i did not do anything to the controller. tried unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for about an hour....still same problem. also, i can see the contents of some folders in the /media/audio directory but the bulk of the songs which are in /media/audio/music are not there (the folder appears blank in windows explorer. any ideas......im kinda worried!!

thanks in advance.

EDIT: note these songs are not on a NAS but stored directly on the HC500's HDD.

• 1 month later...

^ It will allow read/write access to the hard drive on the HC500, so you can drag and drop files without getting "Access Denied"

In windows bring up a command prompt. start, run, type cmd press enter and it brings up a command prompt

type :

telnet <ip_address_of_HC500>

ex. telnet 192.168.1.104

should see :

home-controller-500-********** login:root <--- put "root" for login then press [enter]

should see :

Password:

*****send me an email and I'll give you the password.

or you can find it here http://code.google.com/p/c4touch/source/browse/wiki/TelnetLoginInfo.wiki

then for write capabilities type :

mount -o remount, rw /

then press [enter]

You should be able to change the permissions for the media directory after you telnet in.

Archived