C4 Forums | Control4

Door Bell Driving Me Nuts! Any suggestions appreciated.

Have a door bell Elk Module integrated into C4 system. Since install months ago have had issues with false door bell ringing, announcement going off randomly numerous times.

Hooked up correctly on the C4 controller. Dealer has done many installs of this product with no reported issues. Thus far I have: asked several people for input, contacted Elk, replaced module, replaced transformer, still acting up usually during sleep hrs and thunderstorms. Have seen a few reports of this issue on this forum but no definitive fix. Someone I think indicated problem solved with Card Access solution rather than direct connection of module into controller.

Today moved wiring of module to contact on another controller. Dealer suggested removing module it at this point, but I would not be able to program events ard this then.

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone has any other thoughts. I guess the entire wiring can be redone but not sure if that will fix it and worth the investment at this point. I understand it is working great for several people so I guess a few of us might be unlucky!

Any suggestion appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Rori

Works great for me, but I have mine wired a little differently than I imagine you do...I had an interesting goal in mind so bhadams got creative and came up with a solution for me. It is outlined in a thread here, he drew up a great schematic.

I wonder if you're it's your doorbell switch? How exactly do you have it wired?

Regarding wiring, I suspect as per Elk's instructions from Front Door Lighted Pushbutton to Doorbell/Doorbell transformer (in attic).

Inside the house: Elk -930 Doorbell detector (two inputs connected to wire from attic).

From Elk: Out to Controller "+12V"; Negative to Controller "SIG".

I did not wire it myself but I'm fairly comfortable that it was wired as most standard installations.

Thanks again.

I recently had the ELK product installed and had numerous false doorbell alerts. My problem turned out to be the Media Controller contact inputs. When I changed it to the contact / relay extender, it has worked perfectly. Apparently my Media Controller has bad inputs. I do not know if this is your problem, but you may want to borrow some gear from the dealer and try a different input device to try to isolate the problem. Good luck.

Archived