C4 Forums | Control4

Add Audio to Garage

So when I built my system, I did not include speakers in the garage. I would like to add sound to the garage now. Looking at C4, it looks as simple as adding a Wireless Speaker Point and running 2 speakers of the device.

Is this the case? What is the retail on a wireless speaker point?

RE the price...I don't know for sure.

Also, I have a CAT5 ran to my garage so I will do a hard wired speakerpoint. The WiFi ones work great, but the music will be out of sync by a few seconds from the rest of the house.

The WiFi ones work great, but the music will be out of sync by a few seconds from the rest of the house.

When I had a wired speaker point, it was still out of sync with other zones. I don't remember if it was digital audio or analog sources that where effected (maybe both)

Its only analog sources that do not go through you controller that are out of synch.

Of course any source that goes directly to an amp will be quicker than a source that must go to a controller and then be digitized and then send to a speaker point.(digitizing the source takes a second or two)

But if your playing a digitized source they will synch up and play at the same time

Brent

I went cheap with the Squeeze Box Boom, delivered a couple hours ago. I have fallen in love with the device and it will handle the garage perfectly. Signed up for Pandora and the streaming music and their (Pandora and Logitech) easy to use interfaces (set-up 4 channels with my artist) are fantastic. Very cool.

I did the same with the speakerpoint. I had a great deal of problems when it was wireless. I used a set of netgear powerline adapters and converted it to wired. Works great. There is a delay but it is not a big deal. I only run music there and usually not in combination with any other zones.

Archived