C4 Forums | Control4

Static on ALL digital media outputs - Please help

I am running 1.7.1 and all digital media outputs have static on them. Rhapsody has static as does my personal collection of mp3's. When I use a separate output, it works without a problem.

I am using gigabyte internet with fast internet. No other items gives me any problems. Does anyone have any idea of what the culprit is? Any suggestions for a fix? The HC300 works fine except for this issue.

I know this was a known problem with one of the earlier versions. I had this problem myself which ultimately resolved with upgraded software version. Try to update your software version to 1.74 or 1.82

If I upgrade to 1.74, do I just hit the upgrade button or is there something else that needs to be done?

• 2 weeks later...
I upgraded to 1.7.4 but am still experiencing static. Does anyone have any idea of what can be causing this? It is very frustrating as this is one of the best functions of C4.

When this happened to me a few years ago it ended up being a bad power supply in the control4 unit. My dealer shipped it back to control4 and they replaced it, and never had the problem again. Hope this helps.

Archived