C4 Forums | Control4

problem with hc 300 and 1.8 virsion

shukic

hello evryone

Its 2 project that i have around 50 zigbee product 1 tv with OSD i am using 1.8 virsion and all the system is very slow the transfer in the remot sru250 between the rooms is very slow , our dealer told me use the hc 1000 but now add it to my coustomer its verey expensive , any idea ?

I am the only one that think the the virsion 1.8 and high are not good for HC300 ?

Is control4 take out new virsion without checking the matching for the hardware in the market ?

I think the new virsion must be sell with new controler that fit the virsion and have strong CPU .....

Um...list navigator is going to be much slower on 1.8.2 than it was on previous versions due to zigbee pro. 2.0 has increased the speed of list navigator.

It is recommended that you have more controllers when running zigbee pro and/or 2.0, a single HC300 doesn't cut it anymore (in my opinion). Maybe the new HC300C will fix that...

Good luck.

I'm surprised there aren't more posts like this.

I am the only one that think the the virsion 1.8 and high are not good for HC300 ?

No, I've heard version 1.8 and higher is real real real sloooooooooooow on a single HC300.

Anyone who's running 1.7.4 on a single HC300 should be thankful if they haven't "upgraded" yet.

Is control4 take out new virsion without checking the matching for the hardware in the market ?

Bottom line is they just don't care about any of that and they've taken it a step further by discontinuing anything with 1.7 or prior in an effort to force everyone to upgrade at some point whether they want to or not (Control4 is ANAL like that). I'm sure this is an effort to get everyone captivated about the cheesy 4store fiasco marketplace.

Rather than keep current customers happy by supporting hardware replacements (V2 or SR250 w/1.7 or HC300 w/1.7 etc.), YOU MUST UPGRADE even if your system performance goes to SH*T. If someone upgrades and realizes their system is way too slow, Control4 benefits by selling a HC1000 or more C4 gear. If someone running 1.7 wants just a remote replacement or a new light switch added, they have to upgrade to 2.0 with all the added extra expenses and time involved. It's a win win situation(for them).

The decision to not sell 1.7 or embernet devices, which was being sold and installed only a week or so ago, is complete BS. Potential customers need to be aware if a company is willing to do something like this - EOL a product on any given whim. From what I understand even the dealers didn't know about this ahead of time -BS(ANAL).

I think its not that hc300 is not good enough anymore, single server is not good enough, that's why you can do ZAP's and multiple servers with pro.Problem is number of hops that your devices need to make, if you can eliminate that, your system will run better. I would start with CA zigbee extenders. I know you have good mesh right now, it works, but using CA part that has 100' range will let dimmer that is 50' away make one hop instead of 4. Other would be adding hc200 in proper locations as ZAP. . Have your dealer try that before you buy 1000. I think adding hc1000 will not improve your mesh since it will not eliminate numer of hops.

Archived