C4 Forums | Control4

7" Touchscreens stuck on "Loading Project" with 2.0.1

You may find that even though you have gone through the update procedure that some of the touchscreens do not take the update. Looking at the settings on the touchscreen will confirm this. Make a USB stick and flash all of the screens to the latest version of V2. Make sure all C4 products are running the same version. This is super important. Also Disconnect any C4 devices in composer and re-identify them.

I have a large system running 2.04 with many 7" TP`s and they are rock solid.

• 4 weeks later...

My comment started this thread some time ago and today I happened upon it and started reading the posts. My issue has been completely resolved on the TS rebooting / stuck loading problem. My dealer has worked hard to get information from C4 about what the problem is. While I don't believe C4 has actually said what causes the problem, the issue seems to be related to multiple 7" TS on an HC1000 system with OS >2.0 including current versions up to at least 2.04. According to C4 you must re-install the TS patch on each TS AFTER any OS upgrade (ie. 2.03 -> 2.04). The patch installation takes about 15 seconds per TS, no big deal. My dealer and I were like everyone else posting here, trying to chase down a ghost. My dealer sent TSs back to C4, we rebooted ALOT, we tried different network configurations and whatever else we could think of. Once C4 told us what to do everything was great. That brings up the REAL issue, why can't Control4 admit that there is an issue? I spent over $900 on labor calls with my dealer before this was resolved, and that was with the dealer heavily discounting travel and labor because they could not resovle the problem. I love Control4 and stick up for them often; none the less, I am very disappointed in the way that they deny / ignor recurring OS and hardware problems. A simple acknowlegement of the problem and a possible work around or patch would save a large portion of the frustration that users and dealers vent on this forum. I like it when Ryan posts his two cents on a issue but he has not posted anything on this problem so we are left to our frustration. I hate to think of the users that are contemplating a downgrade to 1.74 or 1.82 over this issue when, to the best of my knowlege, there is a simple solution - the patch. If you run the patch, remember that you have to run the patch on the TS not on the controller. This means that you have to enter the IP address of the TS in the opening box, run the patch and move on to the next TS. I hope this post has correct information and works for others as well as it has for me. My dealer upgraded me to 2.05 when it came out and we did not run the patch afterwards and I have not had any problems. Maybe 2.05 has finally incorporated the fix.

• 1 year later...

Archived