C4 Forums | Control4

Baldwin locks hit the market ..

dgbrown

http://www.control4.com/news/120/44/Baldwin-Presents-Premium-Hardware-with-Home-Connect/

Excerpt from press release:

The set also features one-touch locking and two customizable access codes—one for family, one for temporary access. Other features include a backlit keypad, incorrect code lockout, automatic door locking, audible signal for activation, lock/unlock LED indicator, and low battery indicator. Baldwin’s Keyless Entry with Home Connect™ is easy to install in a standard door, and no hard wiring is required.

Baldwin is offering two keyless entry styles: the contemporary Soho and the more traditional or rustic Boulder. Each comes in four finishes to coordinate with any home style and, unique to the segment, Baldwin is offering both sectional and 3/4 escutcheon handlesets with the locks. All styles are available now.

These look much better, and I think you can get them without the keypad. I want one for my front door if that is the case. The keypad is fugly.

On C4 site they dont have a pic of it, Do you have a link. ( Pls dont send me that let me google, it's'wearing of now)

If it has no keypad, do you use a remote or biometrix.

And finaly, if you think its better then sell your B&D to me.

I'm not selling my B&D locks Neil...LOL.

I have them on doors where appearance isn't a big deal.

I'm not interested in putting a keypad on my beautiful 99 inch tall front entry door...that's all.

Ideally it would lock like a normal deadbolt, but have the ability to be unlocked via zigbee. This would be ideal for when someone rings the doorbell, you communicate to them via intercom, you determine it is a friend, you say "come on in, we're in the basement". You setup a custom button to unlock the door, then re-lock it after it's been closed. No need for keypad entry or anything like that.

$349

i think the best thing about the B&D is still that you can prog more access codes by which your house can bassicaly know who got home ,at what time and do some programming around the person that got home.

I'm still wondering which one would be better for bad weather conditions coz i need one but it would be completly covered for the rain and i live next to the sea. ( salty air )

I would be surprised if the Baldwin only supported 2 codes, I think that text is copied from the original lock type, like the B&D, where you can manually set 2 codes by pressing buttons on the lock.

I suspect the Baldwin (although I have not asked about it to confirm) also supports 30 codes for Control4 integration.

RyanE

I would be surprised if the Baldwin only supported 2 codes, I think that text is copied from the original lock type, like the B&D, where you can manually set 2 codes by pressing buttons on the lock.

I suspect the Baldwin (although I have not asked about it to confirm) also supports 30 codes for Control4 integration.

RyanE

I haven't read anything as such no where Ryan but can anyone confirm this to 100%

I noticed on the PDF doc 'Keyless Entry...' from the link above that it says "Full 128-Bit encryption security". Is this a mistake?

I thought these were zigbee operated. If they have wireless operation I suppose it means they could be 'hacked'.

Edit - I've had a further look and I can't see anything that suggests IP controlled, so I'm not sure what the encryption statement is all about.

This is part of the books open announcement.

Product Features:

Innovative Security

Keyless entry deadbolt - the ultimate in convenience and security

Fully automated motorized deadbolt

Revolutionary tapered latch design

ZigBee Pro wireless protocol - full 128-bit encryption security

Up to 30 customizable user access codes

Alarm sounds and keypad shuts down after three (3) consecutive incorrect codes

One-touch locking

Audio-visual "low battery" indicators

4 to 8 digit codes

Easy Integration

Integrates to update manager to allow deadbolt firmware to be updated seamlessly

Installs in minutes with just a screwdriver

Replaces existing deadbolt - no new door preparation required with a standard door prep fit

Tapered deadbolt design

Protected coated keypad preventing wear & discoloration

4 AA batteries (no hard wiring)

Fits standard door prep

Back-lit keypad for increased visibility

Low battery led indicator

Customizable Features

Automatic door locking after 30 seconds

Door locked/unlocked blinking light indicator

Audible beep when pressing buttons

Add unique programming around the lock and unlock event

Product: Baldwin Home Connect ZigBee Deadbolt

Dan,

Depending on the finish you are in the Ballpark for the lock only. If you want the 3/4 lever you must add more to the msrp if you want the seperate lever that is another price.

Some finishes are kept in stock and some are special order only.

$349

i think the best thing about the B&D is still that you can prog more access codes by which your house can bassicaly know who got home ' date='at what time and do some programming around the person that got home.

I'm still wondering which one would be better for bad weather conditions coz i need one but it would be completly covered for the rain and i live next to the sea. ( salty air )[/quote']

Can anyone comment on the weatherproof issue, I've had biometric Bioaxis deadlock for more than a year now and it's been copping quite well.

It also takes up to 30 different finger prints but I would like to replace it with one of these locks.

Dan,

Depending on the finish you are in the Ballpark for the lock only. If you want the 3/4 lever you must add more to the msrp if you want the seperate lever that is another price.

Some finishes are kept in stock and some are special order only.

Told you guys.

Looks like $599 is for the lock only.

Needless to say I won't be buying one.

Archived