C4 Forums | Control4

Question re: HT Controller

DonFromCanada

The Home Theater Controller isn't worth anything if you ask me. I wouldn't buy one for $70, but I guess it depends on what you intend to use it for. About all they're good for anymore is as a ZAP, if you need better zigbee coverage.

For me to buy an HC200 used, with the release of the new one and the lack of warranty, I wouldn't pay more than about $150-$200. You can buy the new HC200C with SR-150 for either $399 or $499 and get a full warranty, and faster processor.

The Home Theater Controller isn't worth anything if you ask me. I wouldn't buy one for $70, but I guess it depends on what you intend to use it for. About all they're good for anymore is as a ZAP, if you need better zigbee coverage.

For me to buy an HC200 used, with the release of the new one and the lack of warranty, I wouldn't pay more than about $150-$200. You can buy the new HC200C with SR-150 for either $399 or $499 and get a full warranty, and faster processor.

The caveat being you'd need to be on 2.x or planning to go there to make use of a "C" class controller. That said, I for one am replacing my personal B class gear going to 2.x, and not upgrading in place. I don't want to contribute to the embernet equipment shortage.

The Home Theater Controller isn't worth anything if you ask me. I wouldn't buy one for $70' date=' but I guess it depends on what you intend to use it for. About all they're good for anymore is as a ZAP, if you need better zigbee coverage.

For me to buy an HC200 used, with the release of the new one and the lack of warranty, I wouldn't pay more than about $150-$200. You can buy the new HC200C with SR-150 for either $399 or $499 and get a full warranty, and faster processor.[/quote']

The caveat being you'd need to be on 2.x or planning to go there to make use of a "C" class controller. That said, I for one am replacing my personal B class gear going to 2.x, and not upgrading in place. I don't want to contribute to the embernet equipment shortage.

Zap functionality is in 1.8

htc's are excellent for ir/serial/relay/contact, as well as audio outputs and a audio encoder. i use 2 in my system strictly for all of those reasons (literally using every physical connection on both except for onscreen outs and vid loops) and they work great. oh and one is acting as my zap (40 nodes). inexpensive way to add ports/connections to your system, if you are looking for upgrades and dont care about the osd.

a pair of htc's = the origional I/O extender :)

Archived