C4 Forums | Control4

Size of camera image in doorbell announcement

AK1

Hi,

Running 2.0.1. Prior to upgrade from 1.7, the doorbell agent would display image from Panasonic BB-HCM531A frontdoor camera and image would occupy approx. 70% to 80% of TS area: http://192.168.1.252/snapshotJPEG?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Clarity

Same URL in 2.0.1 produces a very small mage size (probably only 30% size of image in 1.7). Tried different parameters sizes within the URL but no effect.

Wondering if this is a 2.x issue?

Agreed. I simply can't get it to work. It's fine on mini TS but not the 7".

think it is a 2.0 issue. i have seen this issue before, tried everything to resolve with no luck yet. this is only with the 7" mini's work fine.

Off topic question: How did you mount this camera in your doorway? It it in a junction box or just attached to the brick? I'd like to hear how some people do/did front door cameras? (any pictures would help!)

• 5 weeks later...

Somewhat related issue. I've got IP cameras connected to a POE swtch. Can I integrate it with C4 to bring up an image or a video feed in any or all my LCD TVs

Questions:

Vivotek IP cameras (no driver's written as far as I know). Does it need one to integrate to C4?

Does the signal have to be converted back to analog to display in LCD or Plasma TVs?

Need to understand this a little further. Thanks

• 8 months later...

* bump *

I've got the same issue.

7" (non IE) touch screen. Navigator: 2.1 Director: 2.1

When the doorbell announcement executes, it grabs a frame (as expected) but it's tiny. The image only takes up about 1" x 1.5"

I've tried changing the URL to change the image size: 640x480, 320x240 or 192x144. None of the image settings seem to change the size on the screen. Cameras are panasonic, and the URL is http://192.168.1.248/SnapshotJPEG?Resolution=640x480

It seems that there is a dialog box that comes up (with or without OK based on the announcement) and the image is centered in the dialog.

I'd like it to be centered on the screen, and thus take up about 4" x 4.5"

Is this a 2.x issue? Anyone have a workaround?

Thanks

D.

Do it on the touchscreen, set it as a favorite / bookmark. Switch to the camera, hit the star and add it.

Then in programming you will be able to set it as an option under the touchscreen.

So when doorbell is pressed, touchscreen, switch to favorite, camera (or whatever you named the favorite)

This is a great solution. Not only do you solve the annoying bug with the small image size, but now the doorbell press displays my front door in movie mode rather than as a still image with the announcement agent.

Do it on the touchscreen, set it as a favorite / bookmark. Switch to the camera, hit the star and add it.

Then in programming you will be able to set it as an option under the touchscreen.

So when doorbell is pressed, touchscreen, switch to favorite, camera (or whatever you named the favorite)

• 2 weeks later...

I love having my doorbell agent display live video on my InfinityEdge touchscreens throughout the house.

Now to make this perfect, I like the video feed to go fullscreeen when the doorbell is pressed. There is a fullscreen button on the InfinityEdge screen that displays the video feed. But I can't find a way to programmatically switch to full screen after the Favorite button for the front door camera is selected in Composer. I looked at a Macro agent, but the I can't see the appropriate attribute for the InfinityEdge touchscreen object in Composer that would allow me to switch the video feed to full screen on the TS.

Any ideas???

Archived