C4 Forums | Control4

2.0 question ?>

Brewins44

Simple question

i have the linksys router WRT300N V1.1 is this compatible with 2.0 if i upgrade{im still running 1.7.4}

Thanks

Linksys/Cisco Routers beginning with "WRT" are flagged by Control4 and any dealer who installs them in a customers system should be shot (figuratively speaking of course). These routers are known to cause various problems with C4 systems. If it is working for you now don't bother changing it. But if your systems at any point gets flakey then move to a Cisco WRVS4400N or an Apple Airport Extreme.

Simple question

i have the linksys router WRT300N V1.1 is this compatible with 2.0 if i upgrade{im still running 1.7.4}

Thanks

Linksys/Cisco Routers beginning with "WRT" are flagged by Control4 and any dealer who installs them in a customers system should be shot (figuratively speaking of course). These routers are known to cause various problems with C4 systems. If it is working for you now don't bother changing it. But if your systems at any point gets flakey then move to a Cisco WRVS4400N or an Apple Airport Extreme.

Oh wow, I've never heard this before. I do have lots of speed issues with my navigator, and my router starts with a "WRT" but my switch does not.

Does Control4 recommend not having the Linksys WRT router then? If so, what is an inexpensive best alternative that works best with Control4?

Archived