C4 Forums | Control4

Controling 2 Outlet light objects with a single button...

BusBoy

Howdy Gang,

I searched and searched but couldnt find it. What I am trying to do is add another lamp to a wireless outlet switch but control BOTH on and off functions from a single button off one of my 3 button switches.

There is an existing lamp on Outlet 1. I added the new outlet light object to Outlet 2 for the new lamp... where my disconnect is where I tie the two together!! I cant find in the help guide where it has you configure 2 lighting controls with one button.

Anyway.. can someone help? Thanks.

-Chris

under programming select the button on the 3 button KP you want to perform the on and off function and then make the appropriate configurations there. It took me about 18 lines to perform the function the way i required it.

under programming select the button on the 3 button KP you want to perform the on and off function and then make the appropriate configurations there. It took me about 18 lines to perform the function the way i required it.

18 lines? Let's see a screenshot of that programming please. What he's trying to do doesn't require 18 lines of programming. Or are you saying you had to sniff 18 lines to plow through figuring it out?

:D

I'm joking.

I did not use a scene. I wanted the lights do different things dependant on if one light was on and the other wasn't. This is the reason for the extra logic for my appllication. I haven't tried to shorten it as it worked the way i did it and I hadn't revisited it. Come to think of it the use of a boolean variable would probably do the trick as Rsmolo was saying and have the same effect setting the variable to true or false depending on the various lighting states that being light 1 on and light 2 off or vice versa. I have it so it will always turn off the lights first if one is on (say if I am leaving the room and don't want to wake the wife by flashing a light in her face (as these are bed lamps) or turn on both lights if both are off etc.

Or you can try connect both lamps to 1 cord extension and conect the cord extension to Outlet1, in the composer map the toggle of 1 of the 3 butotn keypad to the Outlet1. Hope that help.

Isn't that mapping feature only comes in composer pro ? :)

Or you can try connect both lamps to 1 cord extension and conect the cord extension to Outlet1' date=' in the composer map the toggle of 1 of the 3 butotn keypad to the Outlet1. Hope that help.[/quote']

Isn't that mapping feature only comes in composer pro ? :)

No...it's available in Composer HE :) (don't really know why the smiley applies, but oh well).

Bindings and "mapping" are two different things. Nikon, I hear you (I have unbound components too) but I guess you mean between all the programming involved (load and LED states) there is a total of 18 lines. In that case, I agree.

Archived