C4 Forums | Control4

Is there really such a thing as a GREEN button?

Letran

I've read somewhere before in one of the C4 ads that as an example they would have button "GREEN with a leaf" programmatically conserve energy consumption through various ways HVAC, lights etc. Do people have that in their home? If you do then what sort ways and functions have you program it to conserve. Good idea, I'm just thinking of ways how to exercise it?

Second question, can you program that after a lighting scene it goes back to previous lighting state. Example: There will be a performance in the piano room. You execute a lighting scene "Performance" that dims off lights in all the adjoining rooms, turn off the audio in all rooms and just turns on enough lights for the performance. After the performance I want to reverse it back and return the lighting states, audio sources, selections, volumes etc prior to me pressing the "Performance" lighting scene.

Third question, getting ready for the performance. The "Performance" scene is set to dim, light up, select audio source, broadcast etc. all in all device actions will take about two minutes. You press that button thinking your ready. False start how do you stop, reverse the lighting/media scene you just started?

Hope this makes sense. How to best program the above? Thanks.

I don't have a green button. But I'm trying to come up with ways to be greener using my C4 system. I have the dimmable lights set to only come up to 85%, but other than that, not much.

I'd like to hear other people's ideas though for using C4 to be greener. That way maybe I can justify my system to others. :> I've said before, and I continue to think, what I have now is a very expensive light timer system - but I'm working on it.

That would be really cool to have a 'back' button so you can change a room back to how it was.

I may try to program one and see what I can come up with.

Use a variable to keep track of what lighting scene was last used, and have a programmed button revert back to that scene.

Could do the same for audio and video source I guess.

Can you program on the event "When lighting scene is executed"?? - I'm not at home so can't access composer.

I don't have a green button. But I'm trying to come up with ways to be greener using my C4 system. I have the dimmable lights set to only come up to 85%, but other than that, not much.

I'd like to hear other people's ideas though for using C4 to be greener. That way maybe I can justify my system to others. :> I've said before, and I continue to think, what I have now is a very expensive light timer system - but I'm working on it.

85%? That's not "green" but maybe you cut the recommended bulb wattage in half?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived