C4 Forums | Control4

From Touch Panel ["Listen" DVD] actually [Watches DVD]

If I select "listen" and then choose "blu ray" or "satellite from the SR250 remote. The sound from the chosen device comes on through the ceiling speakers.

However, if I choose exactly the same options from the 7" touch screen, the TV is turned on, as if I'd selected "Watch".

The fact it works perfectly from the remote shows that the physical and composer connections are OK.

Does anyone else get this same problem? Is it a control4 bug?

Currently running 2.0.4.

Cheers.

IMO, have your dealer hide the blu-ray player from "listen" - listen assumes you'll just be using the audio portion - unless you use it to listen to CDs. If you want to watch something on the blu-ray, it would just be available under "watch" on the remote. I'll see if I can forward this along and get it duplicated for bug tracking since you're right, the functionality from the 7" should be the same as the remote using "listen" (ie - the tv should not turn on)

• 1 month later...
IMO, have your dealer hide the blu-ray player from "listen" - listen assumes you'll just be using the audio portion - unless you use it to listen to CDs. If you want to watch something on the blu-ray, it would just be available under "watch" on the remote. I'll see if I can forward this along and get it duplicated for bug tracking since you're right, the functionality from the 7" should be the same as the remote using "listen" (ie - the tv should not turn on)

This is rubbish, because if you hide it you wont be able to put a cd in the dvd player and listen to it as it ceases to exist in the listen menu?

When you listen to a CD on a DVD it will normally display track info, same for Sat TV on a radio station. The workarounds are, add a line of programming to display the tv for 15 seconds and then program the TV to switch off. Warning, the system will think it is on so you will also need a belts and braces logic agent keeping track of screen condition if you don't have direct control of TV. Two (my preferred solution), edit the driver and install it as another device as if there were two machines connected to the same IR and Audio outputs. Do not connect any video connections. It will show up in listen menu as a separate device. Hide the Audio one from the watch menu, and the video one in the listen menu. This means that the customer will not know or see a difference, but C4 knows there is no video connected to the virtual device and hey presto it wont bother to turn on TV.

IMO' date=' have your dealer hide the blu-ray player from "listen" - listen assumes you'll just be using the audio portion - unless you use it to listen to CDs. If you want to watch something on the blu-ray, it would just be available under "watch" on the remote. I'll see if I can forward this along and get it duplicated for bug tracking since you're right, the functionality from the 7" should be the same as the remote using "listen" (ie - the tv should not turn on)[/quote']

This is rubbish, because if you hide it you wont be able to put a cd in the dvd player and listen to it as it ceases to exist in the listen menu?

When you listen to a CD on a DVD it will normally display track info, same for Sat TV on a radio station. The workarounds are, add a line of programming to display the tv for 15 seconds and then program the TV to switch off. Warning, the system will think it is on so you will also need a belts and braces logic agent keeping track of screen condition if you don't have direct control of TV.

What? Belts and braces logic agent? I will agree that your second option is better but for the majority of installs I have done, people either aren't listening to CDs anymore - or they aren't bothering to do it in a $100 blu-ray player and instead are doing it in a dedicated audio transport. That is the beauty of Control4, many ways to "skin the same cat".

Archived