C4 Forums | Control4

Bluray Rips

ILoveC4

You can create an ISO from the original disc using CloneCD (latest version) or you can use imgburn to create a smaller ISO with only the audio/video tacks that you want. That will make it play much easier, the other option is to use something like MakeMKV to pack it all into a single container (you can choose the audio/subtitle tracks you want).

If you just want the original files they will be m2ts but as you said there is alot of them, look for the largest to start with but they are sometimes split into multiple as well.

Cheers,

Dean

What file types are you guys scanning for on bluray rips? I ripped a few, not to an image just the files, and I'm curious what extension lshould have Composer scan for.

Thanks.

Hi Dan......you should be looking for the "movie" .m2ts file (normally the largest in size, 20mb-45mb)

What I do is normally select that largest file and double check to make sure it is indeed the length of the film and then you're good, you only need that 1 file.

There are some discs that have multiple "movie" files, in that case the easiest thing to do is create an .iso of the entire disc.

The other option is open with DVDFab and it will put the "movie" files in chronological order, then use TSMuxer and join each file to make one complete "movie" file (this is obviously more time consuming but will limit the storage size vs an .iso file)

Dan.....ANYDVDHD as you're using is the best.

Not sure what other programs like Ripbot, etc are but you want to be careful you do not do any compression,, etc to alter the higher bitrate.

In addition, if a .m2ts main movie file is 20mb-45mb, when you copy over via ANYDVDHD the file size will be the same, not reduced.

Lastly, 20% of blurays do not simply include one large main movie file so it's not as simple as some say......for those 20% you're best bet is rip disc as .iso

If you're not doing compression don't use ripbot instead use an iso or mkv container. if you do want to compress then ripbot and still get an excellent video quality, use ripbot. It is simple but takes 2-3 hrs to process and that is on windows with an i7 processor OC'd to 4.2 GHz.

My .02 cents.

Archived