C4 Forums | Control4

4way lighting diagram

emo777

Hey Emo it is pretty easy. Just install the dimmer to control the load as you would any light location that has a single switch. Then for the other 2 locations you install keypads which just require power. The 2 keypads do not connect at all directly to the light but they will simply tell the dimmer that controls that light what to do. If you don't competely understand what I am saying maybe just give me a quick call and I will explain it to you.

Hey Emo it is pretty easy. Just install the dimmer to control the load as you would any light location that has a single switch. Then for the other 2 locations you install keypads which just require power. The 2 keypads do not connect at all directly to the light but they will simply tell the dimmer that controls that light what to do. If you don't competely understand what I am saying maybe just give me a quick call and I will explain it to you.

I used 3 & 6-button keypads on the other locations for mine by the way gave me more flexibility in programming.

Just so I understand. 4-way is the same as 3-way or even 5-way. Put the dimmer/switch on the load and keypads everywhere else.

I have a lot of 3-ways in my house. Gave the electrician the instruction that came with the dimmer and went to town with it. The C4 dealer was actually impressed that none of them were upside down. He said that it is common for electricians to switch it around.

I would recommend you have the electrician run the wire for your multi-way switch locations as if there were no C4 at all. This will give you the flexibility of not having the C4 solution in the future. Not that you would ever think of not having C4 in the future, but it is best to have standard multi-way switch wiring in place.

I would recommend you have the electrician run the wire for your multi-way switch locations as if there were no C4 at all. This will give you the flexibility of not having the C4 solution in the future. Not that you would ever think of not having C4 in the future, but it is best to have standard multi-way switch wiring in place.

good thinking for resale

Archived