C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Problems with 2.0.5

I guess now it is my turn to ask a question about a strange problem....

Okay, so right before 2.0.5 came out I replaced two legacy HC300's with HC200B's. One runs Navigator, one runs Zigbee Coordinator.

Periodically, for the past few weeks (maybe a month) my zigbee performance really starts to suffer. When I say that I mean keypads that control lights still function, but with an extreme delay....sometimes up to 5 minutes! SR250's are slow, list navigator is VERY slow, etc... I go downstairs and give everything a reboot, 5 minutes later it's all good again.

This has happened three or four times...does anybody have any idea what might be going on? Anything I could look for in the logs? I've never had performance issues with my system, so I've never done any troubleshooting in the department. I would really appreciate any advice any of you can give me.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Periodically, for the past few weeks (maybe a month) my zigbee performance really starts to suffer. When I say that I mean keypads that control lights still function, but with an extreme delay....sometimes up to 5 minutes! SR250's are slow, list navigator is VERY slow, etc... I go downstairs and give everything a reboot, 5 minutes later it's all good again.

FYI. The first I'd heard of this issue was at the show a few days ago.

It is apparently an issue that has cropped up with 2.0.5, that didn't come out in the beta tests. Issues that don't manifest themselves shortly are difficult to find in beta, since you're always installing another beta...

I believe it is being resolved in a new release, that I believe is currently in beta testing.

My family has told me that our system has now started doing this today, I'll be applying the beta tomorrow, but I don't have details as to when the release to solve this will be out.

Sorry.

RyanE

Periodically' date=' for the past few weeks (maybe a month) my zigbee performance really starts to suffer. When I say that I mean keypads that control lights still function, but with an extreme delay....sometimes up to 5 minutes! SR250's are slow, list navigator is VERY slow, etc... I go downstairs and give everything a reboot, 5 minutes later it's all good again.[/quote']

It is apparently an issue that has cropped up with 2.0.5, that didn't come out in the beta tests. Issues that don't manifest themselves shortly are difficult to find in beta, since you're always installing another beta...

I believe it is being resolved in a new release, that I believe is currently in beta testing.

My family has told me that our system has now started doing this today, I'll be applying the beta tomorrow, but I don't have details as to when the release to solve this will be out.

Sorry.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan. Last night I just rebooted the HC200's and not the whole system, and that fixed everything. I'd imagine rebooting the zigbee coordinator is all that's required.

I'm glad this is on the radar and a fix is on the works.

Periodically' date=' for the past few weeks (maybe a month) my zigbee performance really starts to suffer. When I say that I mean keypads that control lights still function, but with an extreme delay....sometimes up to 5 minutes! SR250's are slow, list navigator is VERY slow, etc... I go downstairs and give everything a reboot, 5 minutes later it's all good again.[/quote']

Sorry.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan. Last night I just rebooted the HC200's and not the whole system, and that fixed everything. I'd imagine rebooting the zigbee coordinator is all that's required.

I'm glad this is on the radar and a fix is on the works.

I actually experienced this over the holidays as well. First indication is the Christmas lights wouldn't come on, go figure .... same recovery procedure.

Been on 2.0.5 for awhile now and the only thing I've noticed that comes close to this is that light state, as shown on a SR250, does not track 100% of the time. Response has been great otherwise but this was after optimization of resources over all HCs in this project.

I have noticed slight delay here and there but not 5 minutes and I really hope by posting that I am not setting myself up for it but usually when I see the delay it ends up being only a few seconds more than normal. Now I do seem to have to keep resetting light levels as they don't seem to be staying set for more than a day. I have no programming setup to set levels, just on,off,ramp to level on double an tripple taps an such. Or is the ramp to level actually changing my previously set level. For example I have a lamp on a wireless dimmer level set at 35%, so when it turns on it goes to 35% then on a double tap it goes to 55% and tripple tap to 80%.

I haven't timed it for 5 minutes, but it is really long. At least 2 minutes, but it felt like 5. Honestly I haven't had to live with it, because as soon as I have seen it happen (three or four times now?) I just reboot the controllers. It is my family that's home all the time that's experienced the most frustration.

I'm glad a fix is in the works.

I haven't had to deal with it, either, as this is the first my family has reported the issue.

It's possible we had a power outage at the right time, and/or it isn't consistent in how often or how long it is before the problem manifests itself.

RyanE

This must be the first time I haven't had a common problem. In fact, this is the best lighting response performance Ive ever experienced. 2.0.5, HC-1000 running everything and several CA repeaters in the deadzones- every load, outlet and button is right on the money.

This must be the first time I haven't had a common problem. In fact, this is the best lighting response performance Ive ever experienced. 2.0.5, HC-1000 running everything and several CA repeaters in the deadzones- every load, outlet and button is right on the money.

I've got an HC1000V3 tuning the project as well. Typically everything is lightning quick, it's just been those few times that it's been a problem. It doesn't seem to happen slowly either. It goes from lightning quick regular operation to being brutally slow.

Same issue...I think.

I'm running 2.0.4 in three different homes. I've found a pattern - every 25-days (exactly), I loose all OS Navigators which require a reboot/power cycle of the controller. I haven't noticed other functionality issues but the OSN is obvious. It happens exactly on the 25th day after the reboot - all three homes. I have an HC-300 running one of the installs and HC1000 v2 and v3 running the other two. It doesn't matter the configuration/hardware - the failure rate is the same. It's so bad, I place the date on my calendar so I can "warn" my family in advance of the failure.

My next system failure is scheduled for January 28th...too bad I can't find a Vegas odds maker to wager with me on this one.

If C4 wants to be serious in this business - they need to get serious about system performance. This is a joke!

This must be the first time I haven't had a common problem. In fact' date=' this is the best lighting response performance Ive ever experienced. 2.0.5, HC-1000 running everything and several CA repeaters in the deadzones- every load, outlet and button is right on the money.[/quote']

I've got an HC1000V3 tuning the project as well. Typically everything is lightning quick, it's just been those few times that it's been a problem. It doesn't seem to happen slowly either. It goes from lightning quick regular operation to being brutally slow.

OK, well if there is a "fix", who am I to say there isn't a problem. I just hope my lights stay the same through it. Control4- you told my dealer you'd be fixing the variables problem in 30 days, can I count on this?

My system has been up and running since the 1.3 days. This build, 2.0.5, is the first build that I have had to reboot. I have been reading peoples problems for years wondering how my system doesn't have any similar effects that many suffer from. I guess its my turn, thanks 2.0.5.

My system has been up and running since the 1.3 days. This build, 2.0.5, is the first build that I have had to reboot. I have been reading peoples problems for years wondering how my system doesn't have any similar effects that many suffer from. I guess its my turn, thanks 2.0.5.

LOL. Me too.

This sounds serious. I hope everyone notified C4. This should be a high priority fix.

Maybe C4 should have an area on their web site for system problems/suggestions, so these types of problems can be reviewed immediately.

This sounds serious. I hope everyone notified C4. This should be a high priority fix.

Maybe C4 should have an area on their web site for system problems/suggestions, so these types of problems can be reviewed immediately.

RyanE indicated above that they are now aware of it, and are working on it.

Apparently he is experiencing it in his home as well.

Yes, you're correct....this is serious. If 2.1 is a ways out I may roll back to 2.0.4, which wouldn't be fun =(

Maybe C4 should have an area on their web site for system problems/suggestions' date=' so these types of problems can be reviewed immediately.[/quote']

Yes, you're correct....this is serious. If 2.1 is a ways out I may roll back to 2.0.4, which wouldn't be fun =(

I'll wave you off that option Dan old boy, as 2.04 is my current install.

Maybe C4 should have an area on their web site for system problems/suggestions' date=' so these types of problems can be reviewed immediately.[/quote']

I'll wave you off that option Dan old boy, as 2.04 is my current install.

Damn it! :mad:

Archived