C4 Forums | Control4

Wake on LAN Driver

gprokesch

Hi there,

we developed a working Wake on LAN Driver for the Control4 system.

It is capable to perform WOL with up to ten devices (altogether or seperately).

For further details and purchasing the driver please visit us at www.tisco.at/en/

There is also a fullworking 30-days-trial license available which can be obtained directly out or Composer.

Cheers

Gregor

How does this work from a user standpoint, i.e. how does it change the steps required to select and turn on a device?

Nevermind....I see from your review it's a separate process. Probably still okay. I'm beginning to wish the remotes had more than the four special purpose buttons. But I suppose the script to turn it on could be triggered by the currently_selected_device event.

I read the review and want to add that WOL should wake up a PC that is in an OFF position. IE, as long as the PC is plugged into a wall socket and the socket is switch on the PC should wake up.

One thing is that your PC's NIC and BIOS must support WOL.

The disadvantage is that your PC will do a full boot and access to it will take longer. The pro is that is more energy efficient. I realise that S3 standby uses little power.

Regards

Gareth

I read the review and want to add that WOL should wake up a PC that is in an OFF position. IE, as long as the PC is plugged into a wall socket and the socket is switch on the PC should wake up.

One thing is that your PC's NIC and BIOS must support WOL.

The disadvantage is that your PC will do a full boot and access to it will take longer. The pro is that is more energy efficient. I realise that S3 standby uses little power.

Regards

Gareth

Great to know. I wonder if it can turn on the NAS too. How much are we talking about and can this be done remotely?

My NAS just stays on all the time, I couldn't see any reason to turn that off. It can't use much power while it is just sitting there not being used....

I would hate to have to wait for it to boot up every time I wanted to listen to music or something.

My NAS just stays on all the time, I couldn't see any reason to turn that off. It can't use much power while it is just sitting there not being used....

I would hate to have to wait for it to boot up every time I wanted to listen to music or something.

Mine currently have only have photos & movies and we don't watch (re-watch) them days sometimes weeks at a time. The music sits on the dock that's on all the time

• 2 years later...

Homemation does a good job making a simple but reliable WOL driver, and it was free. It is becoming harder to find on the Internet but still work very well with recent releases of C4 OS. I've put it on my website to make it available to everyone.

Click here for the free download:

www.domaudeo.com/c4drivers.html

Archived