C4 Forums | Control4

Media player to multiple speaker points

wpervaiz

I havent really worked/owned a speaker point before, but heres a question for you guys.

Can a media player stream to just one speaker point? I know in Composer, under 'Connections', you can have multiple speakerpoints point to a single 'digital media' source, but how does that work? How do i tell the media player to play one stream in Room A and then another stream in RoomB. is this possible?

thanks!

I havent really worked/owned a speaker point before, but heres a question for you guys.

Can a media player stream to just one speaker point? I know in Composer, under 'Connections', you can have multiple speakerpoints point to a single 'digital media' source, but how does that work? How do i tell the media player to play one stream in Room A and then another stream in RoomB. is this possible?

thanks!

Each hc300 is capable of two different streams so Room A would use audio out 1 and Room B would use audio out 2. The more hc300's the more streams you can have. The control4 controller connects to a network share on the LAN and streams music to the speaker point. There is an analog Audio IN on the HC300 that you could use to connect a media player but I don't even use it. I can play a song in Room A and play a different song in Room B or sync them together to play the same song. It's really simple to control.

I havent really worked/owned a speaker point before' date=' but heres a question for you guys.

thanks![/quote']

Each hc300 is capable of two different streams so Room A would use audio out 1 and Room B would use audio out 2. The more hc300's the more streams you can have. The control4 controller connects to a network share on the LAN and streams music to the speaker point. There is an analog Audio IN on the HC300 that you could use to connect a media player but I don't even use it. I can play a song in Room A and play a different song in Room B or sync them together to play the same song. It's really simple to control.

thanks!! that makes so much sense now...

one more question: can the hc200 or hc300 stream directly to a 4-zone amplifier without a speaker point?

thanks!!

one more question: can the hc200 or hc300 stream directly to a 4-zone amplifier without a speaker point?

thanks!!

yes through the USB port

???

The 200/300 stream audio to the amp via RCA stereo outputs.

Correction: The streaming is done through one or both of the RCA stereo outputs but the music files is connected via USB port. But no speaker point required

yes through the USB port

???

The 200/300 stream audio to the amp via RCA stereo outputs.

Correction: The streaming is done through one or both of the RCA stereo outputs but the music files is connected via USB port. But no speaker point required

The music can also be stored on a NAS/PC or an iPod dock.

Archived