C4 Forums | Control4

Moving from Escient to C4

tebery

I current am an Escient user but have been impressed about C4 and am considering making the switch. The question I have is with Esceint's DVDM-100 you can hook multiple Sony 777 units up to it, the DVD players are individually connected to the Esceint unit with component video, rs232 and digital audio. I have 2 full 777 players hooked up to it. I also have an Escient E2 with 3 400 disc CD players. Will I be able to integrate my players into the C4?

Thanks

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

You can connect your players to a Media Controller (which has 4 serial ports), but to distribute the audio and video from them to the rest of the house, you will need a matrix switch as well. The controller doesn't do switching, just control.

The Control4 system can control as many 777's as you would like, can get cover art, display and select from GUI, etc.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan,

From my understanding I will not be able to use my Sony mega CD players (since there is no rs232) If I use additional 777's for CD's only would I need to hook them into the A/V switch? I would not need to view anything off the tv's but would want to see the cover art from the touch panels.

I currently have 3 tv that would want to hook into the AV switch, but I know in the near future I will add 2 other tv's. Can switches be upgraded or should I slurge a get one with 5 outputs?

You'll probably have to splurge for a 6 or 8 output switch. Most likely the latter because I haven't seen a switch with 6 outputs.

They don't make switches with 5 outputs.

I got 8x6 - AutoPatch 4YDM - you can add as many input\output boards as you need

Archived