C4 Forums | Control4

Bench Test LDZ-101/102 wireless dimmers?

paulstevens

Is there a way to test the wireless dimmers on a bench to see if they have any signs of life?

I would expect that if you connect hot (black), neutral (white) and earth ground (green) they should at least blink the LEDs or show something. Is the load (red) wire required just to see if the leds work as sort of an "I'm alive" indication?

I have 6 used dimmers I got from a dealer I want to test before wiring them into the walls. I am hoping that using a simple wall outlet extension cord to connect hot, neutral and earth to the dimmer I can see something on the LEDs (so far I am not).

Thanks.

I've done this. You don't even need to mess with the ground.

Just shove the black and white wires into a wall outlet or extension cord. Turning it on should obviously put power to the red wire...which is easily verifiable with any tester.

I've done this. You don't even need to mess with the ground.

Just shove the black and white wires into a wall outlet or extension cord. Turning it on should obviously put power to the red wire...which is easily verifiable with any tester.

This is definitely good advice.

Are you being sarcastic BrettB0727?

Absolutely not, it seems like common sense that not everyone would think about(I know I didn't). It is certainly a lot easier to diagnose a problem with a dimmer with it connected to an outlet that works, than to also worry if you did a good job wiring or not.

I cannot identify one of my dimmers LZ-102. 7-4-7 keysequence says it is on channel 14 (blinks white 14 times). The rest of my project is on channel 17 (all zigbee pro).

How can I change the channel of this dimmer? The reset commands I tried (5-5-5, 9-9-9, 13-4-13) have not helped - afterward it is still on ch14 and won't identify in the project.

Thanks for the help.

I cannot identify one of my dimmers LZ-102. 7-4-7 keysequence says it is on channel 14 (blinks white 14 times). The rest of my project is on channel 17 (all zigbee pro).

How can I change the channel of this dimmer? The reset commands I tried (5-5-5, 9-9-9, 13-4-13) have not helped - afterward it is still on ch14 and won't identify in the project.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like it's on embernet and needs to be upgraded to mini mode before it can be identified.

Dan,

Wiki down. On purpose or accident?

Accident, I think...

User srhamy spearheaded the Wiki, I had nothing to do with it really...I've reached out to him to find or what's up but haven't heard back =(

Scott, if you're out there give me a call please.

Forum wisdom is right - it was on embernet. Thank you. It finally got updated from embernet to miniapp 100% success but before it could identified and joined, the house power went out - great weather outside!

Anyway, now, after the dimmer powered up, it goes thru some led sequence and settles with the top LED blue. If I hold the bottom button (in hopes of getting it out of miniapp to join zigbee), the bottom LED blinks blue 10 times then stays on solid blue, then the top LED goes out. If I hold the top button, the top LED blinks blue 10 times then stays on solid blue and the bottom LED goes out. Repeat ad infinitum.

I cannot find this dimmer either by identify or network status. Zigbee update attempts fail also.

What can I do to kick start this dimmer so I can finish the zigbee upgrade and make it usable?

Thank you.

Archived