C4 Forums | Control4

Faulty C4-DIM1-Z?

BrettB0727

I know there are a dozen or so dimmer problem threads, but I haven't one yet that told me what I want to know.

I installed a dimmer and the LEDs never came on, and the light would not turn on. so I disconnected it and tried to test it with an AC outlet(recommended by ILOVEC4 in a different thread), and i still got nothing, no power to the red, and no LEDs.

I was wondering if it were possible to have a faulty Air Gap Mechanism?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks as usual for the help!

Air gap is a physical switch, not much to go wrong on it.

If it doesn't control the load and the LEDs don't light, I'd bet it's the dimmer's power supply, not the air gap. Sounds like it's been fried.

Time to RMA it, if you purchased it through a dealer.

RyanE

Air gap is a physical switch, not much to go wrong on it.

If it doesn't control the load and the LEDs don't light, I'd bet it's the dimmer's power supply, not the air gap. Sounds like it's been fried.

Time to RMA it, if you purchased it through a dealer.

RyanE

I definitely believe you, but wow that air gap sure seems flimsy to be a physical switch.

It's a piece of plastic that pulls on the physical switch, which is located further inside.

Air gaps don't have to be terribly substantial.

RyanE

I pulled it apart and it sure doesn't appear like it pulls on anything... It looks like it may have been glued to the black piece on the left, but nothing there moves at all. Should it?

Archived