C4 Forums | Control4

Would US equipment work in Australia

getafix

If you're looking for a confirmation from "the pros" I'd wait for a second opinion.

I'm no pro.

mmmmmm, I have read some of your posts and look at your post count and think you could qualify.

Plus what you say makes sense, although the equipment that needs power (controllers etc) do they have voltage selectors either internal or external that senses the correct voltage?

Out of interest, what does a simple wireless dimmer sell for in the US?

Also, keep in mind that even though you may be getting a better *price*, you'll still pay ovseas shipping and customs duties, and if you have to RMA something, the *US* dealer would have to do it, so you'll pay shipping back to the US and shipping back to you for any RMA.

I'm not all that familiar with international sales, but there may also be warranty restrictions purchasing out-of-country.

There are lighting solutions, etc. that are specific for 220V countries that you'll only be able to get through the authorized Control4 distributor.

RyanE

Also, keep in mind that even though you may be getting a better *price*, you'll still pay ovseas shipping and customs duties, and if you have to RMA something, the *US* dealer would have to do it, so you'll pay shipping back to the US and shipping back to you for any RMA.

I'm not all that familiar with international sales, but there may also be warranty restrictions purchasing out-of-country.

There are lighting solutions, etc. that are specific for 220V countries that you'll only be able to get through the authorized Control4 distributor.

RyanE

I agree with everything you say. I way up the pro's vs con's and make the necessary decissions taking into account the calculated risks involved.

$129

The equivalent here at current exchange rates is around $200

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

If you're looking for a confirmation from "the pros" I'd wait for a second opinion.

I'm no pro.

mmmmmm' date=' I have read some of your posts and look at your post count and think you could qualify.

Plus what you say makes sense, although the equipment that needs power (controllers etc) do they have voltage selectors either internal or external that senses the correct voltage?

Out of interest, what does a simple wireless dimmer sell for in the US?[/quote']

Yes most the powered devices have both 110-220V. Selecting the correct power automatically. You just need to buy the correct power cord for a few dollars.

I actually suspect the US keypads are also interchangeable with the Australian ones despite the different part number, but I have not tested this theory, but based on what is printed in the device it appears this way.

Welcome to the GLOBAL Economy.

When will our tax systems, local importers and retailers catch on?

Archived