C4 Forums | Control4

Ipod Playlist To Auto Play In The Morning.

JArtman99

New to the forum so go easy. I have just gotten into self programming in Composer HE. Setup up a "Good Morning" button on a night stand table top 6 button that adjusts lights, thermostat, etc. Want it to turn on the Ipod dock and play a certain playlist automatically. Can anyone help with how to do that? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, got home late, ate dinner with my family and hit the sack.

I'll grab some screenshots tonight and show you....although I don't have an iPod dock. Are you able to play digital media playlists off the 6-button?

Just trying to get an understanding of how familiar you are with the programming.

NP Dan. I haven't tried yet with the digital music. I know some people think it's crazy, but I like to update my music on my Ipod and dock it and use my playlists. I know I've seen the playlist converter but it always timed out on me I have about 75gb of music. So I've always kind of stayed with my Ipod dock and playlists.

I probed-around last night in the iPod Dock pick-list. Honestly, I didn't see a way to select cuts. I then went to the ROOM media selections and still didn't see a way to fire-off select cuts from the iPod. I do this with Rhapsody and Sat music channels but I can't figure this one out...

Just have to wait for Dan I guess :)

I probed-around last night in the iPod Dock pick-list. Honestly, I didn't see a way to select cuts. I then went to the ROOM media selections and still didn't see a way to fire-off select cuts from the iPod. I do this with Rhapsody and Sat music channels but I can't figure this one out...

Just have to wait for Dan I guess :)

Like I said, I don't have an iPod dock so I have never done this. I am hoping it's possible. That's why I asked if he knew how to do it with the Digital Audio, I'm hoping it works the same way.

Yeah, from the looks of that it isn't possible.

I will tinker tonight, but without one to test I don't know how far I will get.

Matt works at Control4, and dogdvr is a dealer....I'd go on what they're saying the posts referenced above and say it isn't possible.

Sorry....one of many reasons why I just stick with "Digital Audio".

OK, in HE now but the function is not in Select Media for the room in question. So, the comment about not being to read-in iPod Playists is correct. All my other playlists are showing including Greenwave web stuff. Now under the iPod itself there is nothing but tranpsort controls and dock LED status (?). Under Media Scanning the iPod docks don't even show up- I wonder if this project-specific.

Sorry, best I can do is queue-up the iPod in a particular room. No music selection out of a script that I can see.

Archived