C4 Forums | Control4

Ceiling speakers? Two stereo speakers, or one dual voice coil stereo?

A question for those who have speakers mounted in your ceiling (mostly) or walls in different rooms thought out your house... Not talking about rooms that has video (lcd tv, projector, ect) in them like a theater room, bedroom , or family room... I talking more on the lines of maybe the kitchen, bathroom, hall, etc...

Do you use always use two stereo speakers (even in the bathroom) or do you use a Dual Voice Coil stereo ceiling speakers?

depending on the size of room/ceiling try to always use 2 separate speakers as much as possible. or even 4 in big open spaces for a well distrbuted sound. Only in really small powder room/walk-in closet situations I would recommend using the dual single speaker. There are also directional speakers from paradigm if you want to point the sound in a particular area.

Thanks, just trying to get some ideals for some projects down the road...

My wife does not use the top shelf of our kitchen cabinets so I put a speakerpoint over the microwave plugged it in and ran wires to Polk T15 bookshelfs works great...Rhapsody all day.

Yeah, I don't have any areas in my home with a single stereo speaker, although I wish I had one in my master bedroom closet. I thought about putting speakers in there but decided against it. One of these woudl have been perfect.

What dual voice coil stereo speakers are people using? a lot of my rooms are really small, especially too of the bathrooms, so I would probably only want to go with a single speaker.

I use this http://www.paradigm.com/products/paradigm/in-wall-in-ceiling/cs-series/cs-60r-sm

and this http://www.paradigm.com/products/paradigm/in-wall-in-ceiling/cs-series/cs-60sq-sm

Archived