C4 Forums | Control4

Security System Integration

Paulknapp

I'm having a new C4 install put in my old (1927) house and I'm looking for suggestions on what security system to go with? Initially I would like just basic motion, window and door sensors, but would like to add cameras eventually as well. Thanks!

+1 GE Concord

If I had to do it all over again, I would go with the GE Concord.

Right now I'm using (ADT) Honeywell / Ademco VISTA-128FBP that only gives me basic control with Control4.

In order to see each of the alarm sensors individual you need the VISTA-ICM - Honeywell Internet Connection Module, which is no longer available...

Most people said the same thing that GE concord 4 is better, however I still would like to know the details what GE can do with control 4 that DSC cannot. I do not think we have GE concord 4 in my country. That's why I would like to know more details about these 2 systems. If features that I want to have is included with DSC integration, I will not have to import GE system by myself.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, each sensor shows separate within the control4 project. I can control program events off each of the seniors. No problem programming to arm and disarm. I have not tried to program an email out of control4 yet as my DSC system emails me directly on events.

For example, I programmed the DSC motion detectors to turn on lights as I walked into the rooms. In my exercise room when I open the window my workout music comes on, when I close the music shuts down.

The IT-100 sends status to control4 on all major events from the security system, opening and closing of all sensors, arming/disarming, and alarm conditions. It acts as a virtual keypad so you can do everything that the standard DC keypad does.

• 2 months later...
I have a DSC security system I am not using. Can I re use the motion detectors with the control 4 system or do I need something to interface to the control 4 system. HC 300 is my controller.

You could use an IT100 module fom DSC to integrate with C4.

• 1 month later...
I have a DSC security system I am not using. Can I re use the motion detectors with the control 4 system or do I need something to interface to the control 4 system. HC 300 is my controller.

You could use an IT100 module fom DSC to integrate with C4.

Letran,

How would I go about integrating this in my project. What do I have to do, such as connections to the HC300 controller...Very new to this and any information would be great.

I put in a GE NX-8E panel plus the NX-587e module for serial control. The NX-8E has a built-in serial port, but apparently it doesn't integrate with C4 as well...and we couldn't get it to work. NX-587e solved that. I don't know what the benefit of a Concord is above a NX-8E, if any.

Archived