C4 Forums | Control4

New Small Business switches from Cisco

Those are serious switches. No IOS CLI, though, right? I scanned through the Admin Guide quickly ... SERIOUS switches. From my quick scan it looks like the features are extensive and very close to what you find on the IOS switches, even the QoS section: trust, remarking, strict priority/WRR queues, shaping. I didn't log in to see the pricing, but they can't be cheap by residential standards though I assume cheap by 3750/3560 standards.

Yes, no CLI. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on the price. $300 for 24 port gig is pretty cheap by almost any standard.

No! For qty 100?

Had to reset my password, so have to wait a few minutes, but I definitely want to at those in more detail.

Okay, now I understand. So these are newest generation of the Cisco-Linksys products without the Linksys in the name?

Still, impressive features if they live up to them. And the fact you can get 48 ports of 10/100 fanless is a big thing for home networks. And up to 24 ports of gigabit fanless.

The SG200-08P is pretty wimpy in its POE capabilities. It would have been impressive to support POE on all 8 ports with 60W (and still be fanless).

If I read your posts correctly you are no longer tied down from such activities with the corporate shackles you may have been in the past... =)

;) That's correct. Can't say I miss it a lot. Though I did get an email from them today asking if I wanted to do a couple of special projects. I said sure, I'll use that to fund a new Mac, a motorcyle and some more Control4 toys.

But yes, you can see all the details at the webpage. I had trouble with the price link using Safari. If it doesn't work, just go to Provantage.com and look them up there.

Some of the Dells are still a little cheaper but I didn't do a detailed comparison of specs. I like 24 and 48 ports fanless, though. The 8-port Gigabit POE is about $200 but only supplies 32 watts to 4 ports -- that doesn't sound special. The 24-port Gigabit non-POE is about $300, fanless.

I should have clicked on the link first. When you started talking about password and waiting a minute, I figured that meant a login was required to see that information.

I'd like to find a somewhat affordable switch that I could use with JAP...the switch is all that's holding me up from pulling the trigger.

I should have clicked on the link first. When you started talking about password and waiting a minute, I figured that meant a login was required to see that information.

I'd like to find a somewhat affordable switch that I could use with JAP...the switch is all that's holding me up from pulling the trigger.

regular or POE?

When you started talking about password and waiting a minute, I figured that meant a login was required to see that information.

That's what I thought when I couldn't get the price link to function. But it was just something about Safari and that particular javascript.

Archived