C4 Forums | Control4

HDMI Matrix Switcher

siripuramsatish

Hi,

We are buying a new home and we are getting control 4 basic installation. I am novice to Control4 home automation so I requested builder's contractor to include my entire home entertainment system into control4

I have 2 TVs at home and I wanted to have ability of watching two TVs independently so the contractor suggested Integra DTR 50.2 receiver as it has Matrix switch with which we can watch 2 TVs independently. But that receiver is very expensive and costing me $1500

I saw Onkyo receivers which is decent and less price but does not have independent outputs so I researched online and I found HDMI switchers. Can any one please suggest decent, less expensive and Control 4 compatible HDMI Matrix switches

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

We are buying a new home and we are getting control 4 basic installation. I am novice to Control4 home automation so I requested builder's contractor to include my entire home entertainment system into control4

I have 2 TVs at home and I wanted to have ability of watching two TVs independently so the contractor suggested Integra DTR 50.2 receiver as it has Matrix switch with which we can watch 2 TVs independently. But that receiver is very expensive and costing me $1500

I saw Onkyo receivers which is decent and less price but does not have independent outputs so I researched online and I found HDMI switchers. Can any one please suggest decent, less expensive and Control 4 compatible HDMI Matrix switches

Thanks

$1,500 is not a bad price at all for a good receiver.

Hi' date='

Thanks[/quote']

$1,500 is not a bad price at all for a good receiver.

That might be, but as someone that has recently built, I appreciate that are literally hundreds of things you could spend an extra $100 here, an extra $1000 or two there. They all add up till you eventually hit the budget and have to rule stuff In or out based on needs and wants.

Do you need to switch the same source device like a DVD player to both tvs? If not with only two tvs maybe you do not even need a switch... Some source devices even play out of two outputs at once, again check your existing equipment. It maybe more flexible and less expensive to have two blu rays for example for each tv.

Good luck with your build.

• 3 years later...

Archived