C4 Forums | Control4

SR250 latency

I have an hc300 with minimal equipment being controlled by an sr250. Everything works fine and always has. However, this morning I found that all commands sent from the 250 take a couple seconds to process and be passed on to equipment. Sometimes being queued up and the string of commands being sent at once. Any ideas? I haven't pulled batteries or anything because I would like to try and find what is causing the problem. I have checked battery levels and they are at 88%.

I'm running 2.0.6. I am trying to see if I can resolve without rebooting or removing batteries or anything like that. Or get to the bottom of the problem. Although I do expect some issues being that the controller is a computer and there can be some issues with processing, I don't know what would be causing the problem. Rebooting the 300 when I have issues with my remote can become a bother. It takes a long time to reboot and even longer to become stable. Plus my wife has been very hard to sell on a home automation device and if I have to tell her to reboot the 300 whenever there is a problem, I will soon come home to her holding 4 remote controls again and not even using the control4. Has anyone else experienced this problem before or is it just me? I did read some posts about a hicup every 20 days or so but I am not familiar with this.

Yes, I've had similar problems.

Basically a 300 has some memory leaks. Rebooting the controller is the fastest way to fix the issue. Unless you have a direct line to control4 tech support and want to enable debugging and send them logs, which will slow your system down even more, rebooting is about your only solution.

Another, expensive solution, is to buy a HC 1000 and take the load off the 300. I recently did this, and the system became 100x more responsive. Load on the 1000 is averaging around 1-5% where the load on the 300 before was 60-75% with peaks maxing cpu usage on a regular basis.

HC 1000's should be about half the price and should be required for any install. That's just my opinion.

If you have access to diagnostics, you can disable and restart services that are using a ton of resources, typically this is director, navigator and rhapsody services. These tend to be the ones that use the most resources.

HC 1000's should be about half the price and should be required for any install. That's just my opinion.

Hopefully they will address cpu speed / performance across the line of controllers when they add hdmi. Will be easier for us to sell single controller solutions that do a little of everything.

Archived