C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Integration with Avaya IP Office

Has anyone integrated C4 with Avaya IP Office?

I know there is an offering from Panasonic where C4 menu can be accessed from any Panasonic Telephone. This is pretty cool. Does anyone really use this? Can something similar be done with Avaya IP Office?

we do a lot of IP Office installations in the commercial space. Its a great system.

but when i saw what panasonic did with c4 on a youtube video i was pretty amazed. the question though, does anyone really use a telephone to control c4 systems, or is it just a gimmick no one ever uses?

I personally haven't used it, but I wouldn't call it a gimmick. Anyway to control your home from 3rd party devices/interfaces is a plus...more options. It would mean a lot to some people, and nothing to others.

Look up user Dinosaur on this forum, I'm pretty sure he has an integrated Avaya phone system, but I could be wrong. I also don't know what level of integration. I think he has his door station alerting his C4 system, but I'm vague on the details. It's been a couple of years since we talked about it.

Whilst i was working at Convergent we showcased the panasonic pbx at CEDIA Australia 2009 (or was it 2008). Anyway it worked really well. I can't see it being used in a residential job however in a commercial space it would work quite well. Loved the Function button shortcut keys. By the end of the show i knew the driver back to front (in fact i wrote the installation manual for the driver on the kb).

I haven't played around with the Avaya system much. The Adidem Group (the group who owns Recluse AV) utilises avaya across all their business's. Would be interesting to see if it can do it but having said that it wouldn't be worth the time investing in integration.

One of the Avaya selling points was always the idea of having the phone be he interface to custom applications but that always seemed more vaporware than reality. I don't recall ever hearing of a customer who had implemented anything, though I think having an Avaya displayphone be the interface to a web application was fairly easy.

I think if you run SIP rather than the (mostly) proprietary Avaya H.323 phones, it's easier. In fact, it might be that applications require SIP systems. I only dealt with the larger systems, not IP Office, and then mostly from the network perspective not from the telephone application side, so my knowledge is pretty limited on that.

Archived