C4 Forums | Control4

Jandy to hc-300 cable?

My hc-300 was connected to my Jandy about 2 years ago when I first got the system and I've never been able to control my Jandy from C4. It never communicated. The Jandy controller is on the opposite site of my home as my hc-300. I believe my original cabler may have used the wrong cable and/or connector to connect the 2. Does anyone know the correct cable and type of connector to use for this? Any details would be much appreciated.

Thanks

you need a RS232 JANDY MODULE.........................and a jandy user interface............i would run atleast 18 gauge for long runs upto 100-150 ft...............you can also use cat 5 and double up the wires.....................not sure what your distance is .....but i believe it is 9 volts minimum.............................but you will need to call jandy and confirm this....................its been awhile..............and of course you need rs232 from hc300 to the jandy module.

Jandy requires 18AWG bus wire. Control4 has seen some instances where cat5 between Jandy and Control4 will stop communicating, and replacing it with Jandy's recommended 18awg bus wire restores communication.

Thanks Codeman... Any specifics on the connector that should be used at the back of the HC-300? Just want to make sure I am using all of the right hardware.

Jandy requires 18AWG bus wire. Control4 has seen some instances where cat5 between Jandy and Control4 will stop communicating' date=' and replacing it with Jandy's recommended 18awg bus wire restores communication.[/quote']

Thanks Codeman... Any specifics on the connector that should be used at the back of the HC-300? Just want to make sure I am using all of the right hardware.

No, I don't see anything specific to that.

• 11 months later...

Looking to install a Jandy system for our showroom. I have a 115 foot run from the Jandy pool equipment location to the HC800 and a Jandy 7620 RS-232 module.

The Jandy rep I chatted with gave me some info that's very different from what folks have been saying here in the forums. The rep said that I need to use 7343 wire that's 4 pair/22 ga. It sells for about $1.11 to $1.75 per foot. Unlike what's recommended here, he also said I could use Cat5 but I would need to double up on the wires.

Anyone getting Cat5 to work reliably?? Or how about using this: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/electrical-wire-cable-electrical-wiring/southwire-company-250-ft-18-5-thermostat-wire-brown-121305.html

Archived