C4 Forums | Control4

Outlet Switch Problem

Hi,

Just got an outlet switch and it wont turn the lights on and off. It is on embernet (1.7.4) and the LEDs on the top of the switch light up and turn off when i send the ON and OFF commands from composer. It identifies correctly in Composer and all, but for some reason will not turn the light on and off. I have tried unplugging it, resetting it (clicking the top button 9 times) and deleting/re-adding it in composer. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I haven't heard of anything that would cause it to not control a load, yet show the LED states properly.

Where did you 'just get it' from?

If eBay, it could have been purchased defective. If from a dealer, it will have a 2-year warranty, and they can diagnose it.

RyanE

yea it is really weird. It worked fine all of yesterday and just stopped working today. the lights light up corresponding to the on/off commands i send from composer, but it will not turn the light on and off. On my other one, it makes an audible clicking sound when i change it from the on/off state. any ideas?

yea it is really weird. It worked fine all of yesterday and just stopped working today. the lights light up corresponding to the on/off commands i send from composer, but it will not turn the light on and off. On my other one, it makes an audible clicking sound when i change it from the on/off state. any ideas?

Warranty exchange.

Otherwise, try unplugging it for a couple hours then plugging it back in.

• 10 months later...

Archived