C4 Forums | Control4

4Sight Service Questions

1) Can a dealer change the default dealer in an account or does the client need to do that manually? The reason I ask is mine has mysteriously changed.....

2) Was 4Sight turned back\rebooted somehow? My cameras are now working properly and responsive. This was not the case for the last few weeks and might explain question number 1... :)

Well I'm not sure what's going on but my dealer information was changed, my home PC was frozen, my control panels were frozen, and my cameras are blinking orange. It appears as if someone attacked me through my 4Sight account.... Hard to prove but I'm busy changing passwords and reinstalling clean operating systems. Unless C4 did this I am sure I was attacked. What else could it be? This is disturbing....

Anyone from Control4 monitoring here that can see who accessed my account? I logged in when I got home and once from work to check out the house but I never changed dealers etc.

Was it changed to us by any chance? The reason I ask is we changed corporate status and had to create a new C4 account. They merged all of our old clients to the new account profile but they (Control4 headquarters) accidentally moved some additional clients that we've done work for in the past yet were not currently assigned on 4site. I contacted the ones I noticed already but I may have missed yours. However, that should not have any effect on your system/project. You can change dealer assignments 10 times a day if you want.

Thank God it was you James :)

Yes, it was changed to your company but I did not have any worries that you had done anything wrong. I was worried that someone had messed with the 4Sight accounts. What freaked me out was that everything was frozen at my place including my PC which had ComposerHE running. I have never seen that happen before and my router reported several thousand DOS and other attacks yesterday so I was scared that someone had attacked me throught my 4Sight account. I'm not sure how secure that connection is especialy with all of the recent attacks on Sony etc. that have hit the paper in the past few months.

Thanks for the faith. I think you'll see us on your annuity, retirement and life insurance beneficiary forms now as well too :)

I told C4 about it and got this back:

"I checked with our IT department and they confirmed and only current consumers merged to your new account".

However, my accounts jumped significantly overnight during the swap so I know it happened so if we've done any remote work for anyone and are not the normal dealer please login to your 4site account and change it back.

Sorry for any inconvenience to those affected.

Archived