C4 Forums | Control4

iOS updates for MyHomePC app (iPad and iPhone) - 2.1.2

thecodeman

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/control4-myhome-ipad-version/id417826883?mt=8

Main fixes are:

Fixed an issue where using some 3rd devices and drivers caused the app to exit

Fixed an issue where devices would turn on when exiting screen saver, app now goes back to main page

Fixed a memory leak in screen saver

This hopefully will resolve the issue of the sluggishness that's been reported (a hard reboot of your iOS device will fix it).

I updated my iPad 2 today and haven't had any issues. The version on my iPad is 2.1.0.44, I also updated my iPhone and it's version is 2.1.2.

I've had the same issue. I thought that there was an error in the update, so I deleted the app on the ipad and reinstalled it. Still shows as 2.1.0.44. I'm not seeing any of the upgrades?

I'm now running 2.1.2 on the Iphone and I've deleted and reinstalled the Ipad app, which is still showing the old version. However, now I have no control!

When I open the app, I get the screen with the the 4 symbol, and then it closes. When I open it again, it goes to the last zone used. Then I'm hooped! I can't change anything: It's like the screen has frozen. I can't change zones, volume or anything. I have rebooted the Ipad and Phone

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Not experiencing that here - working fine. Did you try to reboot the device? hold down the power button until you get the slider on the screen and slide it to shut down. This will kill any background tasks and has helped me in the past when a device got into a weird mode with apps.

Not experiencing that here - working fine. Did you try to reboot the device? hold down the power button until you get the slider on the screen and slide it to shut down. This will kill any background tasks and has helped me in the past when a device got into a weird mode with apps.

Yes I did try that with no affect

I'm now running 2.1.2 on the Iphone and I've deleted and reinstalled the Ipad app, which is still showing the old version. However, now I have no control!

When I open the app, I get the screen with the the 4 symbol, and then it closes. When I open it again, it goes to the last zone used. Then I'm hooped! I can't change anything: It's like the screen has frozen. I can't change zones, volume or anything. I have rebooted the Ipad and Phone

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have the same issue...

I'm now running 2.1.2 on the Iphone and I've deleted and reinstalled the Ipad app' date=' which is still showing the old version. However, now I have no control!

Is anyone else experiencing this?[/quote']

I have the same issue...

The app is working fine on my iPad2 (running iOS4) and my iPhone (running iOS5 Beta 4). I've found sometimes some stuff can linger, if you delete the app, turn off your device and boot it back up before re-installing, sometimes that helps clear things up. Not a guarantee, but I've had to do that for other apps.

If the app is just appearing to run slow or crashes (black screens) occasionally then most likely there are memory issues on the device (a lot of ios developers do not pay attention to proper memory handling and their apps can lose memory). Even shutting down background apps will not fix this as it is an issue of memory leaks. Only an actual reboot of the device will help. I hard reboot mine about once a week or two weeks just because of running so many apps.

If the app is just appearing to run slow or crashes (black screens) occasionally then most likely there are memory issues on the device (a lot of ios developers do not pay attention to proper memory handling and their apps can lose memory). Even shutting down background apps will not fix this as it is an issue of memory leaks. Only an actual reboot of the device will help. I hard reboot mine about once a week or two weeks just because of running so many apps.

I am running 4.3.5 (8L1) ipad 1 capacity 14.0 GB available 13.3...

Archived