C4 Forums | Control4

Specing first C4 job, wanting advice on central controllers

nzwogboy

I am currently specing my first C4 job and am wanting to know if a HC-1000 is needed along with an HC-300 or if the HC-300 will do just fine.

The project comprises of the following:

C-Bus lighting system, there are a total of 20ish circuits.

4 Zone Speaker Craft MZC system

3 TV's (1 being a surround zone)

There will be an SR-250 for each of the TV's, none of the TV's will use the on-screen navigator to save system resources as I have heard this takes up a lot of processing power.

There will also be a security system but this will integrate to the C-Bus system as this interface is already done.

The HC-300 will be streaming local music files.

A infinityedge 7" in the Kitchen and a single iPad with C4 licence for portable control.

Will an HC-300 be powerful enough or should I be specing an HC-1000 as well?

Cheers.

The HC300B will be enough based on what you said (and only what you said). You won't be breaking any speed records but it will definately work. You will however most likely have a challenge with zigbee reception on the remotes depending on their distance from the HC300 so you will probably have to sneak in a few repeaters somewhere.

I am currently specing my first C4 job and am wanting to know if a HC-1000 is needed along with an HC-300 or if the HC-300 will do just fine.

The project comprises of the following:

C-Bus lighting system, there are a total of 20ish circuits.

4 Zone Speaker Craft MZC system

3 TV's (1 being a surround zone)

There will be an SR-250 for each of the TV's, none of the TV's will use the on-screen navigator to save system resources as I have heard this takes up a lot of processing power.

There will also be a security system but this will integrate to the C-Bus system as this interface is already done.

The HC-300 will be streaming local music files.

A infinityedge 7" in the Kitchen and a single iPad with C4 licence for portable control.

Will an HC-300 be powerful enough or should I be specing an HC-1000 as well?

Cheers.

This is almost identical to my C4 set up except in addition I have 10 Sonos Zones. I only have 4 cbus circuits. And I use a HC1000. You can always ad this latter...:)

Thanks guys, think it will be safer to spec the HC-1000 in, just a shame about the extra cost to the job.

It's not a shame...it's a good value! Then you can enable navigator and that will make the client happy.

Money well spent.

Archived