C4 Forums | Control4

problem for switch

I have just installed some of switch in customer's meeting,But three of switch's got problem.after I turn on one switch the light is turned on and when I turn off the switch the led's is shown turnd off,but the light is still bright.It is not turned off.That mean I can not use this switch to turn off the light.Does anyone got the same problem,how to fix it.

I had a situation where a C4 switch was controlling several fluorescent lights in a garage. The fluorescent ballast had very high in rush current which welded the switch's contacts closed keeping the light always on. Had to install a external power relay.

I had a situation where a C4 switch was controlling several fluorescent lights in a garage. The fluorescent ballast had very high in rush current which welded the switch's contacts closed keeping the light always on. Had to install a external power relay.

so If I install external power relay the switch will be worked normal.

wingtrade, DrDSL was just pointing out an instance where he had a problem with a switch.

It would be helpful if you gave us more information. How it is wired, what lights it is turning on/off, how many of those lights, wattage, etc...

I too have experienced what DrDSL is talking about in my garage. That doesn't necessarily that his fix will fix your problem, because we have no idea what the switch is turning on/off, other than a "light".

like ILoveC4 said, knowing more about how you have it wired currently, and bout the whole set up would really help. Is it maybe a 3way? I would guess it is a new switch correct? Kinda stupid and unlikely but they can go bad or be shipped bad where they don't control the load even though they show that it is. Just another option but I would be 100% sure it's wired right before choosing that.

Not to mention that occasionally, someone will request a switch, and then after they've gotten it, they'll find out they have 'switch leg' wiring, which is incompatible with Control4 switches, and only a dimmer will work in that situation (but not with non-dimmable loads).

RyanE

Archived