C4 Forums | Control4

Generic Device for a meeting room

Good afternoon,

I have been installing Control4 for home use and it's perfect, however one of my clients is building a meeting room in his house. He wants to use control4 for the meeting room for some simple task such as turning on the Projector, lowering the screen, dimming the lights and closing the shades and blackouts for presentations purposes.

In this room there is a Rotel RC-1580 preamplifier and a RB-1582 Stereo amplifier for playing back audio from his mac. (controlled from Control4), there is also a directive directly connected to the Projector (HDMI) and the audio goes directly to the PreAmplifier.

However I want to configure the computer so it's visible in the Navigator. So when the client clicks "Mac" or "Presentation" button. Everything turns on and the projector switches to the VGA input.

Is this possible? Is it a Custom button in the programming menu?

Greetings,

Sorry for the long explanation and my english since I live in latin america.

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I have been installing Control4 for home use and it's perfect, however one of my clients is building a meeting room in his house. He wants to use control4 for the meeting room for some simple task such as turning on the Projector, lowering the screen, dimming the lights and closing the shades and blackouts for presentations purposes.

In this room there is a Rotel RC-1580 preamplifier and a RB-1582 Stereo amplifier for playing back audio from his mac. (controlled from Control4), there is also a directive directly connected to the Projector (HDMI) and the audio goes directly to the PreAmplifier.

However I want to configure the computer so it's visible in the Navigator. So when the client clicks "Mac" or "Presentation" button. Everything turns on and the projector switches to the VGA input.

Is this possible? Is it a Custom button in the programming menu?

Greetings,

Sorry for the long explanation and my english since I live in latin america.

Thanks

Just create a generic driver for it and map the input. Once the system sees it as an available source, you can have all the programming execute upon that source being selected.

Archived