C4 Forums | Control4

Light not Switching OFF

in my project there is two wireless switches.Both have multiple Tube lights connected to it.

but from last two days its not working properly when i press the down Button from switch the lights not getting of

the switch showing of status means its down button is blinking blue.In navigator its also showing off status.

to fix this problem i have two press on and off button repeatedly.

i dont know what is the problem.i disconnected it from the project but its not its still has same problem.

"multiple tube lights" is your problem. The inrush current for flourescent lights is HUGE and can weld the switch shut. Try turning off the breaker, waiting a few hours and trying it again.

Toggling the switch on and off a bunch of times will only make it worse.

You should have a breaker panel in your home full of electrical breakers. If you have a big home you likely have several of them. Turn off the breaker that powers these lights and switch. To answer your second question: yes, we're basically just removing the power source temporarily.

Ultimately I think it will be necessary to split the loafdover two switches or (easier and less costly) use a high voltage relay to do the power toggling.

Having this problem. Switch hooked up to 6 cans which have cfl's is stuck on. Tried turning off the breaker overnight but that did not help. Other posts say to replace switch with a dimmer an control the rush of current with ramp rate.

1. Is this the way to go?

2. Is this switch in fact fried? Will c4 replace it under warranty?

You should have a breaker panel in your home full of electrical breakers. If you have a big home you likely have several of them. Turn off the breaker that powers these lights and switch. To answer your second question: yes, we're basically just removing the power source temporarily.

Ultimately I think it will be necessary to split the loafdover two switches or (easier and less costly) use a high voltage relay to do the power toggling.

can you please give us information how to connect high voltage relay with switch?

Use a dimmer, have your dealer set the ramp rates to zero. This is the way to product manager said to go.

For now, though, your best bet is to use a C4-DIM1 dimmer as msmith suggested. Set the preset level to 100%, all ramp rates to 0, and the minimum on level to 99%.

Fluorescent loads are NOT listed as a supported load type on the documentation for the Switch.

funny how the switches work for some people and not others........i have 3 diff locations and they work from c4 switches......never a problem.....1 of the locations has 6 2x4 fluor........never heard of a dimmer fixing the problem......actually just the opposite.......what type of bulbs are they?......for example t8 t12.....curious to see if its a specific type that causes this

• 2 weeks later...

Archived