C4 Forums | Control4

maximum number of devices

shareez

hey guys... first time posting

I have read a lot about control4 and I'm currently designing a new house. I have talked to a local dealer but have not been getting prompt responses. The house I am building is a fairly large house. After calculating, we'd probably have around 100 light switches, 4-5 thermostats, 4 garage door openers, maybe a couple of motorized locks, security cameras, and 8 audio zones at least. (I may be missing some things but you get the gist)

The control4 dealer did say that this might be a little much for one brain to handle but he was going to get back to me. surprise surprise... he hasnt yet. I want to know what the HC 1000 is capable of. I understand that If i get one HC1000 and a smaller one (HC300?) i could somehow get the two linked but i hear that comes with some sacrificing i.e. delays when pressing a light switch and actually seeing the light come on....

can anyone shed some light on this situation??

thanks

An HC1000 can run that sized project like a champ. That actually isn't that big a project (not to offend). I've seem projects with over 600 zigbee devices, 45+ audio zones, 20+ video zones, etc...

An HC1000 only performs one task of what Control4 controllers do. You need multiple controllers. That will help, not cause lag. My project has 6 controllers, just to give you an idea.

We're actually pushing the limits of the HC1000 at one of our commercial jobs with 250+ displays, distributed audio, etc. so your house should be just fine.

An HC1000 and an HC300 does not come with sacrifices unless your system isnt properly designed.

I'm on an HC1000 with 125+ zigbee devices, 16 zones of audio, capability of 6 or so digital streams between Rhapsody and Digital Music plus a number of other analog streams, etc. Works like a champ and if you look at the CPU usage on the HC1000, it never breaks a sweat.

Archived