C4 Forums | Control4

Dune and MyMovies

AJ_

Anyone know how to set Dune so that it always starts at the MyMovies favorite icon (Favorites) or at the MyMovies home page?

Also, I'm having an issue. Everytime I start MyMovies and select a movie the first time, the control goes back to the Dune interface. After this, it's good.

I'm using DiamondDesign's driver.

Thanks!!

Greetings!

I'm having a hard time getting My Movies to work at all on my Dune. Can anyone tell me what your setting are when you create a New Network Folder on the Dune "Sources" menu.

Here is what I have now that is not working:

Name: My Movies

Type: SMB

Server: xxx.xx.xxx.xx (static IP of my Synology NAS)

Folder: Network Browser/SMB/Workgroup/Diskstation/Video/Dune/My Movies

User: guest

Password: (blank)

Thanks!

Paul

If you browse that same smb share from a windows computer using the guest login with no password (as in the Dune config) can you see the files ? Also, I would recommend setting up a named user on the nas (with a password) for the dune to use - make SURE it allows R/O access to the share.

Yes, I am able to browse and access all the files via my windows computer using the guest login. I also tried giving the dune it's own username and password with the same results. -Paul

If you browse that same smb share from a windows computer using the guest login with no password (as in the Dune config) can you see the files ? Also, I would recommend setting up a named user on the nas (with a password) for the dune to use - make SURE it allows R/O access to the share.

Yes I did read it, unfortunately I wasn't sure how to apply it.

My Network Folder entry now reads:

\\video\dune\My Movies

Is that right?

Sorry, it seems I only know just enought to get myself in trouble...thanks so much for your help and patience.

Paul

Did you try accessing this folder from another PC? On a windows pc, click on start->run then enter \\video\dune\My Movies on the prompt.

Did you try accessing this folder from another PC? On a windows pc, click on start->run then enter \\video\dune\My Movies on the prompt.

I had to add "diskstation" to the path and then it worked.

\\diskstation\video\dune\My Movies

I did prompt for a username and password. I used the guest account and was able to open and browse all of the video files.

It seems to be a Dune/Synology issue. (or possible user...)

Anyone know how to set Dune so that it always starts at the MyMovies favorite icon (Favorites) or at the MyMovies home page?

Also, I'm having an issue. Everytime I start MyMovies and select a movie the first time, the control goes back to the Dune interface. After this, it's good.

Thanks!!

That's a bug of some sort. Wait 10 seconds before selecting the movie and it won't happen. It's like the Dune needs to go and retreive the file path or something. It happens frequently on long file names. Let the name scroll a few times then it won't crash. That's how it works for me at least.

Also' date=' I'm having an issue. Everytime I start MyMovies and select a movie the first time, the control goes back to the Dune interface. After this, it's good.

Thanks!![/quote']

That's a bug of some sort. Wait 10 seconds before selecting the movie and it won't happen. It's like the Dune needs to go and retreive the file path or something. It happens frequently on long file names. Let the name scroll a few times then it won't crash. That's how it works for me at least.

I always thought that was just me that had this problem. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Maybe dune can fix this with a firmware update. Anyone report this to them yet?

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue trying to setup my movies with my dune. I can access the folders and files file with nfs and can pull up the movie info, but I wasn't sure how to play the movie. When I hit play it appears as if everything locks up and then I get a URL error message. Is there somewhere I have to setup a separate path for each movie in my movies?

Also, not all my movies show up on the dune. It appears only the A's, B's, H's, and some of the R's. Know of anything I can try next? I have been reading a lot on the forums to try and figure this out, but still struggling.

Thanks

Archived