C4 Forums | Control4

song audio pitch from HC 300

i recently came across one problem that when i play audio from ipad

and if i pause while song is playing and then play it again the audio pitch of the songs goes up and the after few second down then it will go stable.

i changed my router to Apple Air port Extreme but no luck.

songs are stored in hard drive that is connected to Dune HD max.

the whole system configuration is.....

8 ir controlled device

both serial ports are used(one for relay controller and one for concord 4)

one audio out is for announcement and one for MP3 playing

17 Zigbee Devices

HD navigator

i know my system is very low on resources(-80)

i want to know that this audio pitch problem is becoz of the system overload ?

i uploading recorded audio when this problem is occurred.

In Audio clip from starting point at 0 sec to 9sec audio pitch is normal when i paused at 9 sec.

then after at 14 sec i played it again and the song goes very fast and the pitch is also goes down then at 30 sec adio speed goes slow after few sec its goes normal this happens every time when i pause the song.

Is the audio source which has the pitch problem connected to the analog IN of your HC300?

I have the same issue, as I believe others here do, too. Speculation is it has to do with the a-d conversion of the source and the subsequent d-a conversion of it once it is delivered.

See if you can plug your dune analog OUT into an amp input instead of the HC300 input, if that helps.

As far as my knowledge Every Audio file first stream to the controller then it decoded by controller and then output is available from Audio OUT.

i dont think this is dune's problem because its only giving the connection of the Hard Drive like NAS.

i already check inserting USB flash drive and playing a song from it.But the same problem.

Typically when you have varying pitch, it is due to the two devices (the streaming device and the receiving device) are either not time-synched (i.e. NTP is not running properly on one or both of them), and/or you're having network issues.

RyanE

thanks RyanE

problem is solved.thanks for u r great info.

Now i know that how some little things can screw up system.

i now know the Exactly what happen.last week i removed internet connection from the modem that is connected to the system.that why the system is not getting time updates from the internet.

thanks thanks thanks........RyanE

what i am missing

when i checked first time evrything woking fine no pitch problem any thing.

when i played a song after one hour the same problem again.

how to set The NTP?

i set the all the device time server to time-nw.nist.gov

what i am missing?

WOW i thought i was the only one with this problem.. I only get it with XM radio tho.

And as of late XM has been doing other weird things.. Music will play fine and then

all of a suden its like a bad Fm station.. one numeral out of tune. Tons of static mixed with the music.

This only happens when i add multiple zones.

C4 8 zone amp

C4 multi tuner with XM

HC 300

Any thoughts to this?

Cheers

Archived