C4 Forums | Control4

SR-250b firmware 03.04.20 Will this work on 1.8.2?

Hello guys,

My installer went to add a SR-250 to the system but it won't add and it looks like he's stumpped. The only think we noticed was that the firmware on this remote was 03.04.20 vs the rest of my SR-250 remotes were 03.01.54

The remote just sits there saying "waiting for network" but when he looked at the network tools under zigbee network (he manually added in the address as it wasn't recognizing the remote during the identify process) and you click on show properties for the remote, it shows all of the firmware info, the last time it logged in which was todays date and packets sent etc.

So, from all of this, it seems like the remote is comunicating with the system but not logging in? What could he be doing wrong or is the remote firware not compatable. Any ideas?

He already tried the:

Room off, # * 1 3 4 1 3

Pull the batteries, hold down red 4 button and zero and let it reset

The zigbee channel is corret. Any more hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help :lol: Why does everyone have a big d..mouth online. :) Never seems to really help anyone which is why people come to forums in the first place. As for the 2 posts, I posted this one after noticing that the other post was marked solved and posted last year (and has been deleted). Hey, I'm new to the board, what can I say.

Anyways, help would be appreciated and sarcasm as usual is a sad byproduct I could do without. :)

Hello pharmdsmith and thank you for your reply. The remote is indeed the new model with the light sensor and this would make sense as I'm running 1.8.2 still.

Can you let me know if it needs to be 2.0x-2.1x versions to work? If so, I guess I'll have to wait to use it till my new HC-1000V3 server arrives for my upgrade. :)

Hello pharmdsmith and thank you for your reply. The remote is indeed the new model with the light sensor and this would make sense as I'm running 1.8.2 still.

Can you let me know if it needs to be 2.0x-2.1x versions to work? If so, I guess I'll have to wait to use it till my new HC-1000V3 server arrives for my upgrade. :)

Yes, that new remote will not work on 1.8. If you're upgrading when your hc1000 arrives, I would ask to be on 2.1.1 (the latest version today). You'll be able to use the remote then.

Archived