C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Mini Touchscreen Looses Connection?

My wireless touch screen looses connection all the time. Particularly when I run Composer it drops off. If I reset it comes back to life for a bit. It has a static IP. Any ideas? I'm about to send it back for a wired version.

• 2 years later...

I have had a wireless mts installed with out any issues for a few weeks. I recently install an additional one in another room. If I get it to connect it loses the ip or is sends the other wireless off line. It seems as though they are fighting for the same ip address. I tried with a static and dynamic ip. If I get them both online at the same time it will only be online for a little while. Now, I am unable to get a wireless signal to it at all. Everything wireless works fine control4 or otherwise. Any suggestions will be great. Thanks

Thanks

I changed the setting from the wireless button on the touch screen. When I returned home this evening both ts had 2 differnt ip addresses. I then set them to assigned ip to attempt to hold them and they lost connect. Now one is working fine and the newer one is still not connecting to the network

Update:

It seems my orginal wireless touch screen is holding the ip. (V1). The second wireless mts (v2)will not even connect to the network. I have rebooted, power off several times. Still nothing. any suggestions will be apreciated.

Thanks for your replies. As it turns out, If I take off the beauty cover I get a signal right where it is. It really does not make any sense to me. Except I believe it is something with the wireless card connection. Maybe when the cover is installed it presses on the usb port or something but it shuts down the wireless connection. They are sending me another one. So at this time it is the unit. Without the cover it works fine. An entire week spent on this to just get a new one. I bet SOME of you will agree part of the fun is to figure it out and beat it!

Archived