C4 Forums | Control4

Napster quits Canada... Sonos now almost a brick for Canucks with C4!

qVAMPIREp

Thank you for being a valued Napster customer. After seven years of service, Napster Canada will be shutting down all of its services on 12/16/2011. If you are a subscriber, you may continue to use the service as long as your subscription is active and until 12/16/2011. There is no need to cancel - you will not be charged for any subscription fees after our shutdown (and we won't bill you for any renewal that may occur between now and the shutdown).

Whether you are a subscriber or not, if you have purchased and retain any still-unused download credits, be sure to use your remaining download credits before 12/16/2011. After that date they will expire.

Also, we strongly suggest that you back up all of your previously purchased and downloaded tracks because we will not be able to provide any customer support relating to them, including any further backup copies, after 12/16/2011. These downloads are DRM-encoded WMA files and can be backed up by burning them to audio CDs. Doing this will allow you access to your music on any CD player and generally have a maintenance free permanent copy. If you do not back up your purchased Napster music downloads by burning them to CD and you later change or reinstall your computer's operating system, have a system failure or experience DRM corruption, then the downloads will stop playing and you will permanently lose access to them.

We really appreciate your business, and thank you again for listening.

Sincerely,

Your friends at Napster

Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions about or need assistance with your Napster membership, please log into your account and visit Customer Support. If you are unable to sign into your account, please visit www.napster.ca/support for help.

© 2003 - 2011 Napster, LLC.

Napster, Napster To Go, and the Napster logo are trademarks of Napster, LLC that may be registered in the US and/or other countries.

• 4 weeks later...

For music I use Rhapsody. They have a 90 day FREE trial that works a treat with C4.

Then they have anoter 90 days for $5.00 per month and then it is ten dollars a month after that. You can play this on several different things - like yout iphone and ipad as well as your C4 house.

You can find and save any album, artist, or song or series of them.

Recommended - by the way - I see some dislaimer that Napster has now joined Rhapsody?

www.rhapsody.com

Bill

I use StrongVPN with a dual router setup. My secondary router is attached to my network via the WAN port and it is permanently connected to the VPN. Then I just put any devices I want to appear as "US" behind it (e.g., Roku). So it looks like this:

CDN Router (Primary) LAN output --> 24 Port Switch --> US Router (Secondary) WAN input --> Roku (LAN output)

Contact William at Sabai Technologies if you want help getting it set up. Highly recommended.

Archived