C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker point audio in and out

HookedOnC4

Question, can I plug one of these in from the tv and use my speakers on the speaker point instead of the tv speaker when in watch mode? Then it would be the same setup I have now in listen. Would the dealer need to set this up in CP? What would the hookup be if you can do this from tv to speaker point?

Thanks...

You can use the Speaker Point in 'Local Amp' mode.

I don't remember the details' date=' as I've never set one up for doing that.

RyanE[/quote']

Is there someplace I can look?

Does anybody know how I would do this?

Thanks...

Does anyone know how this would be done?

yeah, you can program it in composer. First you click local amp mode and then make the propper bindings

So hookup audio out from cable box to audio in on speaker point then bid in CP or can I do this in CHE? Then when tv cable on this will come through external speakers on speaker point from tv?

yeah' date=' you can program it in composer. First you click local amp mode and then make the propper bindings[/quote']

So hookup audio out from cable box to audio in on speaker point then bid in CP or can I do this in CHE? Then when tv cable on this will come through external speakers on speaker point from tv?

yeah thats it in a nutshell....

you do need CP to do this

yeah' date=' you can program it in composer. First you click local amp mode and then make the propper bindings[/quote']

yeah thats it in a nutshell....

you do need CP to do this

Thanks will give this a try. These are wireless, It should work the same when we hit listen correct? It will only change to local mode when we hit watch cable correct?

Again thanks for your help.

If you have lip sync issues you have set it up wrong. Control4 will try to digitise the source if you do not put it in local amp mode.. If you do it will pass it through without lip sync.

Ok, thanks will tell him and we will try again thanks... Will it still work when we go to listen for rhapsody and Internet radio?

• 3 weeks later...
Got it... This is awesome!!!

Thanks all...

Ok, still like it but found a couple of issues. In master if use listen all works great but when I shut of room I can hear cable tv so I have to hit watch cable then hit off then all off is this a binding issue? If in teen room we hit watch DVD and it controls tv volume not speaker point volume is this another binding issue?

Got it... This is awesome!!!

Thanks all...

Ok' date=' still like it but found a couple of issues. In master if use listen all works great but when I shut of room I can hear cable tv so I have to hit watch cable then hit off then all off is this a binding issue? If in teen room we hit watch DVD and it controls tv volume not speaker point volume is this another binding issue?[/quote']

Ok, I leave my cable box always on. With the speaker point in local amp what is the best way to fix problem stated above. Do we need to set an off toggle when we go to listen mode for cable? Any thoughts?

Archived