C4 Forums | Control4

How do I set the volume for my Wakeup?

So I like to wake up the kids with some soft light and music in the morning. I've set a Wakeup as follows:

When wakeup scene "Weekday Morning' executes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?If day of the week is between Monday and Friday

->Execute scene 'Kids Morning - On'

->Select the playlist "Morning" in LivingRoom

->LivingRoom->CURRENT_VOLUME = 58

It all works fine, except for the volume, which stays at the default 45. I would like it to come on at 58.

I'm pretty new to this, so the answer might be easy, but I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks

I don't use Media Scenes but that's where I would start looking at what the level is set to. I don't know why the Vol doesn't track, it works fine for me using the CURRENT_VOLUME command. And, since it comes last in the script it may not matter what the level is in the Scene.

I'll tell you, if my morning "soft music" was played at 58, the whole neighborhood would be up-in-arms.

Thank's for your reply. I tried changing the order of it, didn't make a difference.

Maybe my system is different, 58 is not that loud in my house. I need it fairly high though, since my kids seems to be able to sleep right through it otherwise... :)

I don't use Media Scenes but that's where I would start looking at what the level is set to. I don't know why the Vol doesn't track, it works fine for me using the CURRENT_VOLUME command. And, since it comes last in the script it may not matter what the level is in the Scene.

I'll tell you, if my morning "soft music" was played at 58, the whole neighborhood would be up-in-arms.

I laughed at your last sentence. The V1 amp was much softer than the V3. When I had V1 amps my default room volumes were between 45 and 55. With my V3 their around 20 or 25.

My kids like to wake-up to Katy Perry these days. Bedrooms get 8 on the C4 amp and that's a gentle volume. during the day they hike it up to around 18 and it's really jumping after school at about 24. I do have one bedroom that requires about 50% more numeric setting- I think there's a problem with the attentuator in that room...

Thank's for your reply. I tried changing the order of it, didn't make a difference.

Maybe my system is different, 58 is not that loud in my house. I need it fairly high though, since my kids seems to be able to sleep right through it otherwise... :)

Hi Helena,

If you are who i think you are, you need to use an IP driver or a serial driver to have discrete volume control over your Integra 50.3 receiver.

Archived