C4 Forums | Control4

IR A/V Switch - Works when creating driver, but not after

Neter66

I have an A/V switch that uses IR for control. I used the driver wizard, and taught the system all of the IR commands. I then created macros to change inputs/outputs.

When in the driver wizard, to test, I click the 'Emit' button. Everything works as expected.

However, when I then try to run the macro to execute a change of input from within the system, nothing happens.

It works in driver wizard. Won't work within Composer directly, or as an action from a 250. (I set the blue button to run a macro, nothing happened)

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks

D.

I have an A/V switch that uses IR for control. I used the driver wizard, and taught the system all of the IR commands. I then created macros to change inputs/outputs.

When in the driver wizard, to test, I click the 'Emit' button. Everything works as expected.

However, when I then try to run the macro to execute a change of input from within the system, nothing happens.

It works in driver wizard. Won't work within Composer directly, or as an action from a 250. (I set the blue button to run a macro, nothing happened)

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Thanks

D.

I'm curious, why use a macro? Why not just set the bindings up correctly and have the system do the macro itself.

Question on the MACRO agent, is this suppose to be a feature in lieu of bindings? Why would I use this as opposed to programming under a particular device action, scheduler, etc. Seems redundant to tools already within CHE.

I'm curious, why use a macro? Why not just set the bindings up correctly and have the system do the macro itself.

The bindings are setup correctly, but it was not working, so I tried assigning the macro directly to a button so I could fire it to test if it was bindings, the macro, or something else.

Thanks

D.

• 3 weeks later...

Huge kudos and thanks to Neil.

Issue was a related to the driver being configured as a direct connect, and not an IR blaster. A quick walk thru the driver wizard to change the output type, and rebinding the inputs/outputs to the new driver, and all is good.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

D.

Archived